Atari 600XL cartridges/software

Please post details of what you are looking for here.

Atari 600XL cartridges/software

Postby kevman3d on Sat May 18, 2013 9:33 pm

...and definitely cheap cause I'm not exactly that financial these days. Right now I have 3 game cartridges on eBay awaiting a combined shipping response from the seller (otherwise I'd be paying $9.45US per cartridge) - There were more - and I have money in Paypal (but not my own bank account. :roll: ) so eBay is looking pretty good right now.

However if anybody here spots anything 600XL-ish locally then can you let me know? My 600XL has been turned on *once* to test it after I purchased it some years ago at an auction, but never used at all since then (I'm thinking over 15 years ago now) and it seems a pity to have this with the 1050 drive and not at least try and play with it once in my lifetime :lol: .

I've never had any software for it - and that's mainly why its sitting in a box since I bought it.

Just thought I'd ask...
"kevman3d" on trademe.
Blog
kevman3d

Re: Atari 600XL cartridges/software

Postby kevman3d on Sun May 26, 2013 7:24 pm

Well, I found one - but at $50 buy now (and even $30 bid) its already more expensive then two of the cart's I bought from eBay (and that included postage).
http://www.trademe.co.nz/computers/vintage/auction-596326083.htm

Hmmm...

Does anybody here know if the 600XL will run cartridges from other Atari systems? There was some mention on various sites that it'll allow 2600 and 5200 cartridges, but I have no idea. The cartridge on trademe looks like a typical one for a 400/800/XL/XE - possibly its not something that would actually work in a 2600? (whether it fits or not).

Anyway, back to trolling eBay. :wink:
"kevman3d" on trademe.
Blog
kevman3d

Return to Vintage Items Wanted