Switch to full style

Gameport to USB Adaptor

Please post details of what you are looking for here.

Gameport to USB Adaptor

by gavo » Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:20 pm

Hi all,

I'm keen to get my old Apple IIe joystick working on my PC with an emulator. To do this I figure I will need to build a Apple II to Gameport adaptor (because that seems in my simple mind something that will be easier than an Apple II joystick to USB adaptor of which I have no hope of building). Of course, gameport is a legacy concept these days as well, along with the gameport to usb adaptors that used to be (I figure) reasonably common back when USB was just getting going. To that end, if anyone has an old school gameport to USB adaptor they want to get rid of - let me know what you want for it (or post it on trademe and let me know) and we might be able to do a deal.

Cheers,
gavo

Re: Gameport to USB Adaptor

by Gibsaw » Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:43 pm

Your best starting point is to pick up a microsoft sidewinder joystick. One of the transitional ones that was gameport but came with a USB adapter.

Get the cheaper "precision pro" model, though... then you get your USB gameport plus a decent optical joystick that's fully supported by microsoft.. and without all that "force feedback" nonsense. (which is probably broken by now.)
"dsakey" on trademe. Apple II's are my thing.
Gibsaw