OKI Plasma Screen with Part number PG640400R7 Wanted

Please post details of what you are looking for here.

OKI Plasma Screen with Part number PG640400R7 Wanted

Postby T-Squared on Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:27 am

Well, I'm sad to say that I accidentally burned a trace off of one of the FFCs for my Compaq Portable III's plasma screen, and I won't be able to fix it. What's worse the screens go for $100 or more! (I can't afford that!) If anyone has:

*A non-working Compaq Portable III, but with a working screen
OR
*an OKI Plasma Screen with Part Number "PG640400R7"

...for cheap, I'd really appreciate that. I'll pay $20 for either of them.
T-Squared
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon May 30, 2011 5:14 am

Re: OKI Plasma Screen with Part number PG640400R7 Wanted

Postby Gibsaw on Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:13 am

T-Squared wrote:Well, I'm sad to say that I accidentally burned a trace


Ouch..

T-Squared wrote:What's worse the screens go for $100 or more! (I can't afford that!)


Yeah, that seems to be a common theme. Most vintage parts are quite reasonably priced.. as long as you live in the 48 contiguous states of the USA.
"dsakey" on trademe. Apple II's are my thing.
Gibsaw
 
Posts: 704
Joined: Sun Dec 19, 2010 2:45 pm
Location: Auckland

Re: OKI Plasma Screen with Part number PG640400R7 Wanted

Postby T-Squared on Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:51 am

Gibsaw wrote:
T-Squared wrote:Well, I'm sad to say that I accidentally burned a trace


Ouch..

T-Squared wrote:What's worse the screens go for $100 or more! (I can't afford that!)


Yeah, that seems to be a common theme. Most vintage parts are quite reasonably priced.. as long as you live in the 48 contiguous states of the USA.


I do live in the U.S.! D8
T-Squared
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon May 30, 2011 5:14 am

Re: OKI Plasma Screen with Part number PG640400R7 Wanted

Postby Gibsaw on Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:16 pm

T-Squared wrote:
Gibsaw wrote:Yeah, that seems to be a common theme. Most vintage parts are quite reasonably priced.. as long as you live in the 48 contiguous states of the USA.

I do live in the U.S.! D8

Perhaps you might want to do this

It's $200, but there's four of them. You might be able to get most of your money back reselling them individually.... It also says "Make an offer" which most people don't put unless they mean it.
"dsakey" on trademe. Apple II's are my thing.
Gibsaw
 
Posts: 704
Joined: Sun Dec 19, 2010 2:45 pm
Location: Auckland

Re: OKI Plasma Screen with Part number PG640400R7 Wanted

Postby T-Squared on Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:14 pm

Gibsaw wrote:Perhaps you might want to do this

It's $200, but there's four of them. You might be able to get most of your money back reselling them individually.... It also says "Make an offer" which most people don't put unless they mean it.


Oh! I didn't realize that! Thanks! (I had to go a little cheap, cause my money is running thin...)
T-Squared
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon May 30, 2011 5:14 am

Re: OKI Plasma Screen with Part number PG640400R7 Wanted

Postby T-Squared on Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:10 am

Never mind. Found a clunker Portable III with a nice screen. :D
T-Squared
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon May 30, 2011 5:14 am


Return to Vintage Items Wanted

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

cron