Show and Tell

Seek advice, give advice or tell others about your repair and restoration projects

Re: Show and Tell

Postby xjas on Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:29 am

If only I could use regular expressions without having to google the syntax and spend 20 minutes per command trying to make it work... :P I'm somewhat envious of people who seem to be able to read it natively.

BTW you taught me something new in this video. I'd seen that COPY CON: command in batch files but never figured out what it actually was doing. Very neat way of editing, almost like the C64's 'screen editor'. I would have used "echo '(line of text)' >> (filename)" to do that.
xjas

Re: Show and Tell

Postby SpidersWeb on Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:51 am

Ah yeah about ten years ago it was my "party trick" of sorts, so I spent a lot of time learning the things. The biggest pain is different software needs different things escaped.

Awesome, yeah it's how those "remote uploads" work for tools like LapLink and FastLink too.
It's pretty crafty, just split the file by "CTRL+Z" and use copy con over the serial link, then copy /B to merge the files back.
Wanted - Dead or Alive - Reward $$$: Compaq Deskpro 8088 / 286 / 386 - IBM RT 6150/6151 parts - AT&T 3B2 parts
VC Twitter
SpidersWeb

Previous

Return to Repair and Restoration