Apart from the Apple II europlus motherboard that Gavin must be smiling about, I also have a couple of 386's and 486's that let's just say, have green oxidation on them. Even though superficially, it doesn't look like the battery has leaked, it seems to be areas of the motherboard in proximity to the battery. It comes as no surprise that they don't go.
I'm actually inclined to lean more towards moisture than battery as it's everywhere, including small amounts on the ISA contacts etc, and some light surface oxidation on some surface mount stuff, but I can't help but notice it gets worse the closer to the battery you get... so I have two questions.
(a) Do people feel this is battery leak, or more moisture damage?
(b) is there any coming back from this situation? anyone with any happy stories? Or is anything later than the basic two sided boards of the 80's II just too blimming hard a motherboard to repair?
"dsakey" on trademe. Apple II's are my thing.