Switch to full style

iMac G3 and PowerMac 5260

Please post details of what you have to sell, swap or to give away

iMac G3 and PowerMac 5260

by Gibsaw » Sat Apr 02, 2016 9:17 am

Someone in Auckland have any interest in picking these up before I throw them on trademe? (or to recycling)

The iMac G3 is a purple coloured tray loader. It boots to a disk icon with a "?", so the IDE hard drive is either dead, or blank... I would be tempted to install an OS on it, but there's this high voltage sounding "tick" that happens every now and then. I don't really want to spend any time on it.

The 5260 starts with it's usual chime and looks like it's going to boot... but then the screen makes the usual degauss sound, but never comes on. It responds to the keyboard and does all the usual stuff like PRAM resets. I suspect the motherboard is ok, but there's either a CRT power issue, or possibly a video fault.

The 5260 has the Apple Extended Keyboard II and mouse with it... The iMac has the matching purple keyboard but no USB "puck" mouse.

It's all beyond my time availability as I already have far too many machines with other issues to deal with. :)
"dsakey" on trademe. Apple II's are my thing.
Gibsaw

Re: iMac G3 and PowerMac 5260

by Gibsaw » Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:04 pm

No interest in these boys and girls? No one wants them?

I don't want to resort to the tiresome nonsense that people put on TM** but sadly that is the truth for these old girls. They're surplus to my collection and I can't restore them for sale. I already have a repair list as long as my arm and no time. :)

** the implied threat of "recycling" that seems to be aimed at imposing an ultimatum upon those that care about vintage kit.
"dsakey" on trademe. Apple II's are my thing.
Gibsaw

Re: iMac G3 and PowerMac 5260

by mangasurfer » Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:36 pm

know some mac nerds in chch will see if they interested. will know by end of week
mangasurfer