Collection for sale

Please post details of what you have to sell, swap or to give away

Re: Collection for sale

Postby coogie on Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:39 pm

Wow very cool, I think we all appreciate the opportunity to fill in some blanks in our collection.

For me it would be a Europlus & the non going Lisa, I have one that is truly dead....!

Thanks again have sent you a PM to add to the list... ;-)
coogie

Postby Gibsaw on Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:49 am

Well, I dropped over and spent a while with Don, bringing the amstrad and apple stuff to the front of a packed storage area. (at least until my other half said "where are you, you've been gone for hours" :) )

Don, you have some amazing stuff. I'm really surprised we haven't seen you on here before.

One item that other people here might know something about is the second Apple II euro/plus.. after digging it out, it turns out to be not an apple II euro/plus at all, but a clone. I really feel like I've seen at least a picture of an "Apple II KKPLUS" before, but I can't remember where. Judging by it's appearance, (i.e. exactly like a II+) the slightly purple'ish keyboard, and the power connector to the motherboard, I think it might be closely related, if not from the same factory as Tezza's "redstone" Apple II+ clone. We didn't attempt to fire it up but seems like a cool machine.

I promised the wife to restrict myself to buying one machine only so I'm now in possession of the Apple II europlus. Some minor faults (RAM and a misbehaving lo-res mode. I suspect a 74LSxxx) and a mostly non-functional keyboard (I expect an alcohol bath and exercising to fix this), but otherwise it's alive and functioning. Nothing insurmountable. :D

update... one 74LS153 had quite rusty legs and several fell off when I removed it. It's not unlikely to be the culprit. I've ordered more.
Last edited by Gibsaw on Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
"dsakey" on trademe. Apple II's are my thing.
Gibsaw

Postby WelshWizard on Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:08 am

Antiphrasis wrote:I've not done any recent research on values, of the XE's the 65XE was working with powerpack and a manual. The 130XE I have two of and these are just the computers, no PSU but one I have had working previously, the other I don't recall testing but physically it's in good condition. If I recall correctly the 65XE is harder to find than the 130XE's.

Have you a price in mind for the 130XE's yet, may even be interested in the 65XE depending on price, as pockets are not deep now I am no longer working.
WelshWizard

Postby tezza on Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:14 pm

Gibsaw wrote:Well, I dropped over and spent a while with Don, bringing the amstrad and apple stuff to the front of a packed storage area. (at least until my other half said "where are you, you've been gone for hours" :) )

Don, you have some amazing stuff. I'm really surprised we haven't seen you on here before.

Yes, it's always fun checking out someone else's collection.

Gibsaw wrote:I promised the wife to restrict myself to buying one machine only so I'm now in possession of the Apple II europlus.

Well done. I love my europlus.

Gibsaw wrote:
Some minor faults (RAM and a misbehaving lo-res mode. I suspect a 74LSxxx) and a mostly non-functional keyboard (I expect an alcohol bath and exercising to fix this), but otherwise it's alive and functioning. Nothing insurmountable. :D

update... one 74LS153 had quite rusty legs and several fell off when I removed it. It's not unlikely to be the culprit. I've ordered more.

Yep. Par for the course. A few rusty legs fell off my europlus ICs when I first started pulling them out too. Yes, a little bit of alcohol and hefty exercise should get those keys working. The two Apple IIes I got recently had 1/2 the keys non-functioning at first and I eventually got everyone to fire. Be careful though. Initially I was quite liberal with the alcohol and exercised them with the machine on. Bad mistake. I killed two keyboard driver chips doing this. It could have been coincidence but I don't think so.
Tez (Terry Stewart) (Administrator)
Collection: https://www.classic-computers.org.nz/co ... /index.htm
Projects and Articles: https://www.classic-computers.org.nz/blog/index.htm
Twitter: @classiccomputNZ | YouTube: Terry Stewart
Trade Me: tezza5
tezza
Site Admin

Postby Gibsaw on Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:50 pm

Gibsaw wrote:one 74LS153 had quite rusty legs and several fell off when I removed it. It's not unlikely to be the culprit. I've ordered more.

So, now, courtesy of Jaycar New Lynn, I've replaced a 74LS153, and am back to square one. No change, but the machine is alive. Now to pull out my redbook and figure out some possibilities for how the graphics could be misreading one nibble. (but not the cpu or the character generator.)
update: Seems all working now. after consulting the redbook, it became clear that there are a pair of 74LS194's that handle each nibble going into graphics. Swapped them around to test, and the fault went away. It seems a reseat was enough.
tezza wrote:liberal with the alcohol..<snip>..with the machine on. Bad mistake...<snip>... It could have been coincidence but I don't think so.

This is in the keyboard? Or a glass next to the keyboard? :D

No it's not a coincidence. Alcohol conducts real well and doesn't evaporate quickly once it gets into a tight spot. It's safer to say wait overnight if one gets carried away spraying that around.
Last edited by Gibsaw on Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
"dsakey" on trademe. Apple II's are my thing.
Gibsaw

Postby Antiphrasis on Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:16 am

matsondawson wrote:Any CPC 464 / CPC 6128 hardware and related software.

OK, here is a quick list of what I have located so far, keep in mind most of this is untested at the moment as I'm unsure if I even have a working 3" drive.

Boxed software
Silent Service 3"
Batman 3"
StarGlider 3"
Spitfire 40 3"
We are the Champions - Baberian / Renegade / IK+ / Super Sprint / Rampage 3"
Elite 3"
Echelon 3"
Masterfile II 3"
Tasword 6128 3"

64x Loose 3" disks

Cassettes unboxed
Dynamite Dan
3-D Grand Prix
Roland on the Run
Chart Busters Tape 1 and Tape 2
12x Amstrad Action cover tapes (might have the mags for these as well I think)

22x loose 3" disks that came with my 8256 (of interest, disks labeled "Interactive Fiction Hobbit Adventure / Masport Adventure / Xanadu Adventure / Colossal Adv. / Dungion Adv. / Adventure Quest", SuperCalc, Loco script)
1x Boxed 8256 games pack ( 2112 A.D. / N.E.X.O.R. / On the Run) 3"
Antiphrasis

Postby Antiphrasis on Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:36 am

Antiphrasis wrote:
The list so far:

COMX
Comx-35 (Just the computer, no power adapter)

On request I got around to testing this one, picked up a Multi-voltage adapter from DSE as according to my notes this one requires 9v 800ma (cen+). My dynastink TV tuner didn't like it but I've got it tuned OK'ish on my only remaining CRT TV, looks like it is functional and can process simple BASIC programs. (ie. Hello World)

Problem is, now I've got a good reason to be pulling all my systems out and have begun testing some I'm starting to remember why I got into this in the first place, if it wasn't for the fact I can hardly move in my office at the moment for piles of gear I suspect I'd want to hang on these.
Antiphrasis

Postby Antiphrasis on Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:47 am

Gibsaw wrote:Well, I dropped over and spent a while with Don, bringing the amstrad and apple stuff to the front of a packed storage area. (at least until my other half said "where are you, you've been gone for hours" :) )

The help was appreciated too, I'd have found it a mission to shift some of this on my own. It's somewhat like Christmas, opening up all these boxes, I've got a idea of the bigger stuff I have but a lot of the little stuff wasn't really inventoried last time I packed things away so in a lot of cases I don't really know exactly what I have.

Gibsaw wrote:One item that other people here might know something about is the second Apple II euro/plus.. after digging it out, it turns out to be not an apple II euro/plus at all, but a clone. I really feel like I've seen at least a picture of an "Apple II KKPLUS" before, but I can't remember where. Judging by it's appearance, (i.e. exactly like a II+) the slightly purple'ish keyboard, and the power connector to the motherboard, I think it might be closely related, if not from the same factory as Tezza's "redstone" Apple II+ clone. We didn't attempt to fire it up but seems like a cool machine.

If it helps, I found inside the case an address label I would expect to be the original owner who was located in Hong Kong.
Antiphrasis

Postby tezza on Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:55 am

Antiphrasis wrote:Problem is, now I've got a good reason to be pulling all my systems out and have begun testing some I'm starting to remember why I got into this in the first place, if it wasn't for the fact I can hardly move in my office at the moment for piles of gear I suspect I'd want to hang on these.

LOL! I can understand how that could happen :)
tezza
Site Admin

Postby Antiphrasis on Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:57 pm

I've dug up the following Apple gear if anyone is interested; I don't think I can test this stuff myself at the moment although I have had the D-Cam working before, however that was many moons ago.

1x Apple II Super Serial card - in original box (apple brand)
2x Apple Disk II controller cards (may not be functional, one is labelled 'suspect' and they don't seem to have all their sockets filled)
1x Computer Shop Ltd Serial Communication interface card for apple II (card and box only)
1x Micro D-Cam Apple version with controller, cam, disk and manual.
1x Apple III Main Memory Card
1x Z80 card
Antiphrasis

Postby tezza on Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:19 pm

I'd like the Super Serial Card. I'll send you a PM.
tezza
Site Admin

Postby coogie on Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:00 pm

I too have been over to see Don, and have taken away the AIII memory card and one of the Lisa's and yes I can echo Gibsaws comments by saying Don has a veritable Aladdin's cave at his place.

So special thanks to Don for extending the opportunity to the community and spending a decent chunk of the evening pulling out and reminiscing over some fantastic kit.

Now for some Lisa PSU gymnastics and general trouble shooting on the new project....
coogie

Postby tezza on Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:08 pm

For once in my life I wish I lived in Auckland!

Very cool Coogie. Good luck with restoring the Lias. They are fun machines to get up and going. If it's line filter caps that have gone in the PSU, they are easy enough to fix. The Lisa has some weird behaviour built in (like not really switching off properly unless unplugged) so if you haven't played with them before, be sure to check out the many Lisa support sites on the web.
tezza
Site Admin

Postby Marais on Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:56 pm

Hi.Do you have any ZX Spectrums left for sale? Thanks
Marais

Postby georgeby on Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:12 pm

Hi, I'd be very interested if the Acorn / BBC machines are still available?
georgeby

PreviousNext

Return to Vintage Items Available