Page 1 of 1

A couple of Mac Classic IIs for sale

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:54 am
by tezza
I was given a couple of Mac Classic II's recently. I've cleaned them up, reformatted the hard drives and installed System 7.1. I've added new lithium batteries. Both had the leaky capacitor issue (as all Mac Classic IIs do) which I've treated. The cap treatement is not a premanent fix but they both work fine, at least for now. I can't guarantee longivity but my existing classic Mac II with a "washed" board has been going for nearly 3 years now.

They are not completely off white as they originally were. There is a touch of colour change but it's more of a beige than yellow.

Anyway, before putting them on Trade Me I'm listing them here for $45 (bear in mind they have new batteries). They are nice units for those who might want to play with an old Mac, have a machine for Mac disk imaging or simply needs some of the parts within.

Shipping will probably be around $16-$20, but I'm putting this up now because if anyone around Wellington coming to the meet tomorrow wants one, I can bring one down (you can save shipping).

This is a kind of last minute thing, so I haven't got any pictures are yet. I'll put some up tonight though.

First come, first served. If no one wants them here, I'll put them on TradeMe next week. If no one wants them there I'll probably break them down and see if anyone wants the parts (hard drives etc.)

Wait, did I say $45? I mean STEVE JOBS---L@@K---STEVE JOBS!!!! $450!!

(Naa...just joking)

Re: A couple of Mac Classic IIs for sale

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:08 am
by lizardb0y
Would anyone be interested in sharing one with me? All I want is the HDD. Unless someone has a SCSI HDD for an SE that I could buy off them.

Re: A couple of Mac Classic IIs for sale

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:20 pm
by tezza
Ok, as promised here are some pics.

Image
Image

Re: A couple of Mac Classic IIs for sale

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:14 pm
by acsi
I have a 1GB and a 40MB drive here.

I haven't tested either but the 40Mb was working when I got it a few years ago as a spare for the Atari Stacy. It's a genuine Apple branded 40SC Hard disk.

Will bring them with me tomorrow.

Re: A couple of Mac Classic IIs for sale

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:26 pm
by Carcenomy
If he doesn't take the 40MB, dibs! The WD 20MB XT-IDE in my A590 died and finding a decent SCSI drive to suit is really difficult.

Re: A couple of Mac Classic IIs for sale

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:38 pm
by lizardb0y
acsi wrote:I have a 1GB and a 40MB drive here.

I haven't tested either but the 40Mb was working when I got it a few years ago as a spare for the Atari Stacy. It's a genuine Apple branded 40SC Hard disk.

Will bring them with me tomorrow.

Thanks, that would be fantastic.

Re: A couple of Mac Classic IIs for sale

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:01 pm
by lizardb0y
Carcenomy wrote:If he doesn't take the 40MB, dibs! The WD 20MB XT-IDE in my A590 died and finding a decent SCSI drive to suit is really difficult.


Do you specifically need a smaller capacity drive? Let me know what specs you're looking for.

Re: A couple of Mac Classic IIs for sale

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:56 pm
by Carcenomy
SCSI interface, 3.5" form factor, any height, prefer smaller capacities. Workbench 1.3 is all of 1.5MB installed, so I don't need anything massive - sub 100MB is more than adequate. If you've got something just let me know :)

Sorry for messing your thread up Tezza, cool to see you revived these Classic IIs but I don't really need another myself :)

Re: A couple of Mac Classic IIs for sale

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:18 pm
by tezza
Carcenomy wrote:SCSI interface, 3.5" form factor, any height, prefer smaller capacities. Workbench 1.3 is all of 1.5MB installed, so I don't need anything massive - sub 100MB is more than adequate. If you've got something just let me know :)

Sorry for messing your thread up Tezza, cool to see you revived these Classic IIs but I don't really need another myself :)


No worries. Just giving forum members first option. If we can help each other with bits and pieces that can only be good. :-)

Re: A couple of Mac Classic IIs for sale

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:46 pm
by tezza
tezza wrote:First come, first served. If no one wants them here, I'll put them on TradeMe next week. If no one wants them there I'll probably break them down and see if anyone wants the parts (hard drives etc.)

I've now had one of these on Trade Me for a few days. As most collectors have a Mac Classic II (or two) I decided to see what happened if I pitched it at the retro crowd in the vintage and collectables section, who might just want it as a curio.
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing ... =441833310

Eight watches so far on this listing but that means nothing. I watch myself sometimes simply to see if the unit actually goes and at what price.

If it's doesn't sell there I'll relist on the either the vintage computer listings or maybe the Apple ones. I have a feeling there might be more demand for the parts than the whole units (certainly the bits are cheaper to ship) so these babies might be on death row. :)

Re: A couple of Mac Classic IIs for sale

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:54 am
by SpidersWeb
noooooo :(
I've got those XT/ATs to bid on Sun, but if your Mac doesn't sell on Sat I'll see how much coin I can get together.

I think it would be a pretty awesome thing to have on my desk at work!

Re: A couple of Mac Classic IIs for sale

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:41 pm
by tezza
Went for $90 in the Antiques and Collectables category.

I'm happy with that!