Amiga disk free

Please post details of what you have to sell, swap or to give away

Amiga disk free

Postby WelshWizard on Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:43 pm

Amiga disk free, all you do is pay the post, Collect these from "Radar" Mike today, there are many thousands of disk, seems to be various Amiga user groups libraries involved plus the obligatory copies of game , I am of the understanding that some of the software is very rare and in danger of being lost forever.

I plan to box these disks up in to manageable lots for posting, and any member here who wants a box will only have to pay the postal cost per box, I will try to keep them as close to set as possible, As yet I don't have a working Amiga, still trying to obtain one, so these disk are as they come from the boxes into the postal package.

All I ask if you take any that you will if they are any of the Amiga library disk at least try to up load the disk content to a site that will allow Amiga user to download them, That way these programs will not be lost forever.

:D So any one who want a box put your name down here :D
WelshWizard

Re: Amiga disk free

Postby SpidersWeb on Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:58 pm

Awesome stuff Welsh.

And if anyone wants a disk for a specific "Amiga User" magazine let me know, I probably have it and can put a disk image up.
Wanted - Dead or Alive - Reward $$$: Compaq Deskpro 8088 / 286 / 386 - IBM RT 6150/6151 parts - AT&T 3B2 parts
VC Twitter
SpidersWeb

Postby lizardb0y on Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:08 pm

I just posted here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=610#p3664

I'm happy to archive material not available elsewhere, especially if it's New Zealand related, e.g. the club disks and NZ BBSs.
lizardb0y / Andrew
Just another 8-bit hustler

blog: http://www.vintage8bit.com
twitter: @vintage8bit
google+: http://gplus.to/lizardb0y
trademe: andrew9 - over 500 positive trades.
lizardb0y

Postby WelshWizard on Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:53 pm

I think most of the disk for the different Amiga user groups would be classed a PD, so no problems with packaging.

So those who want contact me or post here that they want.
WelshWizard

Postby Radar on Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:56 am

Glad to see these have gone out to a better home than I could give them and that there are plans to distribute them!

Really nice to meet you and your family Mr Wizard :)

Just a quick note on some of the the disks based on my initial look at a fraction of the ones there:

Disks marked: FF xxxx (xxxx = Number) = likely to be Fred Fish disks - most of these are long dumped / available online.
Disks marked DF0 x/DF1 x/QB x (x = number 1 to 8 each) - probably backups of internal HDDs? (Qb maybe Quarterdeck Backup images? - based on a number of Quarterdeck disks)
Educational Software - a few of the boxes of disks seem to have been used at a School - lots of Dinosaur Discovery / Spell Test / Spellingbee type educational software - some NZ ones -ie. NZ Geography Quiz etc. Look! Hear! (Hokianga Software)
BayDisk - seem to be related to the Hawkes Bay Amiga Club - suspect these are a catalogue of available software in the club library
Radar

Postby WelshWizard on Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:03 pm

A bit flooded out at the moment, there are so many disk to go through, as soon as I get them a bit sorted that I can send them out I will, Not easy when the Amiga is not working yet, just obtained another A500 to try out if it works it should speed things up a bit.
WelshWizard

Return to Vintage Items Available