URGENT - System/360 drives etc to be dumped ...

Please post details of what you have to sell, swap or to give away

URGENT - System/360 drives etc to be dumped ...

Postby YetiSeti on Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:50 pm

Repost from my System/360 trademe category thread( viewtopic.php?f=10&t=761) as that one might not get read (but everyone loves the Vintage Items Available category). I've only had a day to try find takers for the System/360 items for someone in Auckland to pick up.

==============
okay, an urgent response needed here. Sorry for last minute plea. Things were quiet on the communications and I only heard back from the guy last week when I happened to be on Stewart Island and didn't read the guys email till last night.

It seems like it's not a System/360 but possibly an HP 1000 (in non-original case) running Artemis 6000 and is early 1980s vintage on the console but other parts are 1960s.

I've struggled to get pictures, but got this one from him https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/x ... directlink, which doesn't look like http://www.hpmuseum.net/exhibit.php?cat=37&class=3

It is described as having parts taken out from the inside and many spots of suface rust and not in the best dry storage.

"Original invoices for the box was always referred to as an IBM 360. But several modules have HP stickers and labels on them. Maybe the main unit is a 360. The tape drives and all that goes with it are still unique from the 1960's"

"All the other units and supporting devices are in the same condition as when bought in the early 1980's. Always stored in dry conditions. The drive unit for the tapes on the outside looks like a large deep freeze chest for the home."

"I have a lot of electronic gear but know of no electronics hobby club who may want my electronic gear for parts for their hobby or use as is."

Anyone want any of this stuff destined for some inorganic waste free dumping/recycling coming up next week? I need some contacts outside of these forums to email as well.
YetiSeti

Return to Vintage Items Available