Hey everyone, we are working on establishing a Computer and Video Game Museum in the Wyndham Quarter in Auckland.
Check out our Facebook page and Like us @ https://www.facebook.com/NZComputerMuseum
And please consider contributing to our crowd funding campaign for the seed capital @ http://www.sponsume.com/project/new-zealand-computer-museum
We need to build momentum so please don't wait to contribute as everyone one else will wait as well if you do!
Every contributor goes in the draw to attend a lunch with Woz (Steve Wozniak - co-founder of Apple) and the launch party!
We are considering several spaces between 1,000m2 and 2,500m2.
The Museum will include...
- A full restoration workshop that members will have access to on member evenings / weekends.
- A cafe / Bar.
- Open exhibition spaces with interactive displays.
- Themed rooms with double layer glass walls with exhibits inside. The inner wall will have an electrochromic film allowing the room to be made private with the flip of a switch while still allowing the exhibits to be viewed from outside.
Possible NZ oriented exhibits might include...
- NZ Games and Game Consoles
- Key NZ figures in the history of computing...
Collectors will be able to loan pieces for specific exhibits and receive a % of the revenue generated.
Any other ideas / feedback or contributions would be most appreciated.
027 489 email@example.com