Clipper Libraries

Anything to do with New Zealand Classic or Vintage Computing not covered in the other forums

Clipper Libraries

Postby Columbo on Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:54 am

Are there any old Clipper users out there?
Back in 1993 I wrote a program using Clipper. Now that I finally got an old DOS machine running I wanted to update this program. Looking at the source code there are a couple of lines of code that I used that are obviously from a 3rd party library but I don't know which Library it is. Back in 1993 I had a few Clipper libraries such as Grumpfish, Funcky, Tom Rettig's Lib, Artful Lib, and a couple of others that I can't recall the name of.

I was hoping that someone might know which library contained these functions. The lines of code that I used in the program is:

EXPLODE(11,20,13,60,40, "W/N", 1, "BOX") && OPEN BOX FOR INPUT

IMPLODE("BOX1",40) && CLOSE BOX

Does anyone recognize these functions?

Thanks
Columbo

Re: Clipper Libraries

Postby Columbo on Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:17 pm

I have found out which library I used. I looked in my Blinker.bat file and found that aside from grumpfish and Funcky libs I had used one called Marvelous Lib 5.0 (marv50). I searched the internet and while I can find Funcky and Grumpfish libs, I can find no trace or mention of Marvelous Lib. So if anyone here happens to know where I can locate a copy to purchase, please let me know.
Columbo

Return to General