Well, it's been fun

Anything to do with New Zealand Classic or Vintage Computing not covered in the other forums

Well, it's been fun

Postby xjas on Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:12 pm

Hey all,

Sadly I can no longer get a renewed visa to stay in NZ so I'm out at the end of the month. I didn't get to meet many of you in person but everyone I did seemed like genuinely great people; have a really good group going here. Anyway I'm calling the 'hardware hobby' quits for a while; can't keep accumulating gear if I don't know where I'm gonna be for the next few years. :wink:

And yeah, I've got a few things that are going to need a home soon. I'm taking my two DOS server rigs with me and some of the spares but I'll post up what's up for grabs soon as I've sorted it out. It's nothing too interesting ('mid-school' P1-P3 era PC stuff & some electronics odds and ends) but maybe someone can make use of it.

On that note, does anyone have any recommendations for an overseas moving company? I still don't know who I'm going to use yet. Interested to hear options & horror stories.
xjas

Re: Well, it's been fun

Postby tezza on Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:05 pm

All the best for the future xjas,

Thanks for being a good contributor.

Your membership will still be here, no matter where you are so make sure you drop in from time to time.
Tez (Terry Stewart) (Administrator)
Collection: https://www.classic-computers.org.nz/co ... /index.htm
Projects and Articles: https://www.classic-computers.org.nz/blog/index.htm
Twitter: @classiccomputNZ | YouTube: Terry Stewart
Trade Me: tezza5
tezza
Site Admin

Postby Gibsaw on Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:14 pm

Indeed, it was good to meet you. Immigration can be so shortsighted, contradictory or even downright stupid. (I'll stop short of talking about the useless wastes of space they do let in, and who they refuse.)

What's happening with all your vintage stuff? Did you find a shipping co? (I have no experience in this area)
"dsakey" on trademe. Apple II's are my thing.
Gibsaw

Postby SpidersWeb on Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:53 pm

Ah sorry to hear! As tezza said, make sure to come back and post here anyway :)
No idea about moving companies I'm afraid, haven't even left the country myself!
Wanted - Dead or Alive - Reward $$$: Compaq Deskpro 8088 / 286 / 386 - IBM RT 6150/6151 parts - AT&T 3B2 parts
VC Twitter
SpidersWeb

Return to General