Switch to full style

Continue helping jog my childhood memory

Anything to do with New Zealand Classic or Vintage Computing not covered in the other forums

Continue helping jog my childhood memory

by crb » Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:58 am

Thanks so much to tezza, Gibsaw and ZL2AOX for helping identify a couple of old computers.

Seeing as you did so well, how about a VIC-20 tape?

I remember it having about 10 games on it, and I remember playing a gamed called "Bomber", which was a version of Blitz, though I remember it being black on cyan, rather than a white background. It may have been around number 7 or 8? I can't remember anything else on it but I'm sure I'll recognise them.

I imagine it was a commercial (shareware? pirate?) compilation, as it had a proper printed cover, and I don't recall there being a picture on the cover. The inside cover had a list of all the games on it. It could have come with the computer - I doubt my father remembers where he bought it, but we would have been living in Timaru at the time.

Any ideas?
crb

Re: Continue helping jog my childhood memory

by tezza » Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:08 pm

No ideas on this one sorry. Until 2007 I never owed a Vic-20 so was never familar with the software. However, the Vic 20 was the first computer my father bought. I'd left home by then.
Tez (Terry Stewart) (Administrator)
Collection: https://www.classic-computers.org.nz/co ... /index.htm
Projects and Articles: https://www.classic-computers.org.nz/blog/index.htm
Twitter: @classiccomputNZ | YouTube: Terry Stewart
Trade Me: tezza5
tezza
Site Admin

Re: Continue helping jog my childhood memory

by Gibsaw » Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:23 pm

crb wrote:Seeing as you did so well, how about a VIC-20 tape? <big snip> Any ideas?

Not me. I'm an Apple II person, but at least one of the denizens of this forum (matsondawson) is a vic-20 aficionado and may know more if it was an official release.

He's written an emulator, so he's definitely more aux-fait with the machine than most.
"dsakey" on trademe. Apple II's are my thing.
Gibsaw