Introductions forum - it's tumbleweed in there

Anything to do with New Zealand Classic or Vintage Computing not covered in the other forums

Introductions forum - it's tumbleweed in there

Postby YetiSeti on Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:45 pm

I'd post this thread in there, but I think I'll get more reads here.

The finger of blame points squarely in 359 degrees. So I ask all why are there so few replies in there? Perhaps we should name it the 'Introductions to Tezza' forum as he is often the sole replier.

What can we do to make it more like an introductions and pat on the back round-robin at an Alcoholics Anonymous session (or perhaps even other vintage computing/gaming sites)?

Well, I might as answer the question with the obvious. We could reply more often. So the pertinent question I'm working towards then is the 'why'. Why aren't we replying? It's hardly welcoming and encouraging people to further participate when they're ignored.

Thoughts?
YetiSeti

Re: Introductions forum - it's tumbleweed in there

Postby tezza on Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:42 pm

I don't mind greeting them at the door. Certainly the more welcoming forums can be to new people the better so don't be shy about saying hello.

On a slightly different but related topic....Regarding generating activity (or at least keeping up with activity). Something many people overlook with the forums is the fact that they can subscribe to both forums and the topics within them by clicking the "subscribe to.." link at the bottom of the page. Then an email is sent whenever anyone posts. If this is not done it's easy for subscribers to forget the forums even exist once the intial novelty has worn off. The subscribe feature helps maintain a level of engagement but I suspect not many people use it.
Tez (Terry Stewart) (Administrator)
Collection: https://www.classic-computers.org.nz/co ... /index.htm
Projects and Articles: https://www.classic-computers.org.nz/blog/index.htm
Twitter: @classiccomputNZ | YouTube: Terry Stewart
Trade Me: tezza5
tezza
Site Admin

Return to General