Whats the least valuable piece of vintage you have (pre1995)

Anything to do with New Zealand Classic or Vintage Computing not covered in the other forums

Whats the least valuable piece of vintage you have (pre1995)

Postby WelshWizard on Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:11 pm

as we have one for the most valuable, thought it may be interesting to see what we value the least.

The other day I came across a box of old CPU's I think it may have a 286, 386 and some 486's in it along with a 486 turbo. there because they failed to sell about 8 years ago ( even when they were priced at $1 each. other thing is a hand held brick game that runs on AA batteries.
Edit
Correction I just came across a box of 30 pin ram which seem to be 256K ones must be about 80 of them.
WelshWizard

Re: Whats the least valuable piece of vintage you have (pre1995)

Postby tezza on Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:56 pm

Pre1995? Well the $1 pentium mention in the other tread almost scrapes in.

Out of my collection...maybe the Amiga 500. It's in good condition but I'm not sure it would fetch more than $20 if that. They just seem so incredibly common. Apparently in the US these are quite rare.
Tez (Terry Stewart) (Administrator)
Collection: https://www.classic-computers.org.nz/co ... /index.htm
Projects and Articles: https://www.classic-computers.org.nz/blog/index.htm
Twitter: @classiccomputNZ | YouTube: Terry Stewart
Trade Me: tezza5
tezza
Site Admin

Re: Whats the least valuable piece of vintage you have (pre1995)

Postby Carcenomy on Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:44 pm

Pre 1995 least valuable... hmm. Probably a number of my Macs, or maybe my beloved 1995-era Compaq Presario 7222 which serves a super valuable function: it's the machine that I use for serial transfers to the Amiga if required, and for parallel transfers to other machines. It's the sole surviving Windows 95 machine in my collection, and includes many period-accurate upgrades. I've got a slew of stuff of debatable value from what's considered the 'retro-LAN' period... pre-2000. Notably a rather nice K6-2/500AMR setup with a TNT2 Ultra and 3D glasses, but that's a topic for the non-vintage area :)
Just the local Commodore hobo and middle-aged PC hoarder.
eisa on Trademe. A lasting reminder of a Compaq fetish when I was younger.
Carcenomy

Return to General