VZ-200

Anything to do with New Zealand Classic or Vintage Computing not covered in the other forums

VZ-200

Postby scamp3 on Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:46 pm

Grrrrrrr,

Terribly put together computer, everything is soldered in place and to gain access to the IC's lots of soldier has to be removed, my one has a bad signal and displays picture but fuzzy sound, anybody else own(ed) one? or had to get right into the machine to fix something on it like an IC. Obviously was a cheap alternative to other better computers in it's day. I think I will cut the 4 earth wires that connect to the metal plate on top and socket each one, and just generally make it easier to access.

Appart from all of that it isn't that bad to use, annoying space bar to the right though, still got the 16k ram expansion.

Sean
scamp3

Re: VZ-200

Postby tezza on Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:10 pm

Never owned one, but it was one of the cheap (and nasty?) home computers DS was peddling at the time.

Terry
Tez (Terry Stewart) (Administrator)
Collection: https://www.classic-computers.org.nz/co ... /index.htm
Projects and Articles: https://www.classic-computers.org.nz/blog/index.htm
Twitter: @classiccomputNZ | YouTube: Terry Stewart
Trade Me: tezza5
tezza
Site Admin

Re: VZ-200

Postby gavo on Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:57 am

scamp3 wrote:displays picture but fuzzy sound, anybody else own(ed) one? or had to get right into the machine to fix something on it like an IC.

I had one years ago (hmm, must be close to 20!) when I was going through a phase of collecting the old computers that other people had decided were no good for anything any more (the PC and Mac were starting to take hold) - unfortunately it didnt work for long - I even had the schematic for the computer (which had come with it) - which at the time was of no use to me however - I'm pretty sure it didnt go to the dump tho - I think I passed it on to someone else who thought they may be able to fix it.

Well. Absolutely no help to you, but jogged a memory of mine ;-)

Cheers,
gavo

Return to General