Switch to full style

NZ Vintage Computing Forums to remain open

What this forum is all about and any news. If you are new to this forum please read this first.

NZ Vintage Computing Forums to remain open

by tezza » Fri Dec 23, 2016 2:05 pm

Hi Everyone,

Since announcing the closure of the forums in the previous news posting, I’ve received quite a few emails (and public postings) from members wanting to keep the site open. The attachment some had for these forums was gratifying, and actually somewhat of a surprise to me. On reflection therefore, I’ve decided to keep the New Zealand Computer Forums open.

One of the reasons I had for initially closing the forums was fear that our limited numbers might get diluted over a couple of platforms. However, I can see that there is probably room for a Facebook group AND these Forums, as they attract (and service) different kinds of people...but all with a passion for this old technology. The two should be able to co-exist and cross-pollinate each other without diluting activity too much.

I elaborated on my reasons for closure in this post. viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2156#p12785
All those factors mention in the post above still exist but I’m happy to continue to host and manage the site. On that note, the forums will be closed for a day or two sometime in January though for a software update, necessary in order to maintain security.

Incidentally, the Facebook group is going well so if you’re that way inclined, please join. For myself, I’ll continue to check and use both the Facebook group and these forums where appropriate.

Hope you all have a good Xmas.

Terry
Tez (Terry Stewart) (Administrator)
Collection: https://www.classic-computers.org.nz/co ... /index.htm
Projects and Articles: https://www.classic-computers.org.nz/blog/index.htm
Twitter: @classiccomputNZ | YouTube: Terry Stewart
Trade Me: tezza5
tezza
Site Admin