I've been lurking on here occasionally for a year of so, asking the odd question.
Great to have an NZ-based forum!
I collect 8-bit primarily, but other stuff too:
Kit I have:
- Commodore 64 (With SD2IEC SD Reader)
- Commodore Amiga (With HxC Slim)
- ZX Spectrum 48k (With DivMMC EnJOY! SD Reader)
- Apple ][e (In progress!)
- Atari 2600 (With Harmony Cart)
- Sega Master System
- NES (With CF Reader)
- SNES (With SD Reader)
- Fountain Programmable Video System
- Playstation (With Mod Chips x2)
- Playstation 2 (With Soft Mod Free McBoot)
- Xbox Original
- Bunch of Gameboys and Nintendo Game & Watches.
My skills are limited, but in the case of most of the above, I've had to pull most apart to get them to work. I can't solder, but anything that plugs, twists, etc. I give a go. (Eg: ZX Spectrum video mod: just snipped, then twisted the new (speaker!) wire on! HxC Slimcard : twisted and taped wires.)
Once each one is going, I stick each one in a clear Warehouse stackable 60Ltr container too keep the dust etc off.http://www.thewarehouse.co.nz/red/catal ... KU=1205994
I always keep a couple out and running through one large and one smaller (desktop) Wega CRT TV.
Currently sorting an Apple ][e with the help from you all here and especially Ron Turner.
Quite like cleaning-up old, dirty plastics as best as possible, will post pics once ][e is all going.
Very keen to sort this one out, as apart from the Fountain, it was the only one I actually had as a kid.