ZX Spectrum on 45

Anything to do with New Zealand Classic or Vintage Computing not covered in the other forums

ZX Spectrum on 45

Postby David on Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:24 pm

I have one ZX Spectrum 45 Plastic bendy record with a game on it on one side im trying to find it
it's around here someware :+{ i will find it soon, have any one else got one or seen one i got my
45 Spectrum game way back in the day on a Spec mag.

David B
David

Re: ZX Spectrum on 45

Postby Radar on Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:39 pm

David wrote:I have one ZX Spectrum 45 Plastic bendy record with a game on it on one side im trying to find it
it's around here someware :+{ i will find it soon, have any one else got one or seen one i got my
45 Spectrum game way back in the day on a Spec mag.
David B

There are couple of these I know of and have copies of:
-"Big K" Magazine (Issue 2, May 1984) - Flexidisc on the cover that includes a Spectrum game.
- Computer and Video Games (C&VG) - Oct 84 - "Thompson Twins Adventure" Flexidisc (Spectrum)

I've got a small collection of music releases that also included a game/software with them:
- "XL-1" - Pete Shelley - has a Spectrum track on it (locked groove)
- "Aural Sculpture" - The Stranglers - tape includes a "game/AV experience" on it
Radar

Re: ZX Spectrum on 45

Postby kevman3d on Sat Feb 07, 2015 3:23 pm

I'm pretty sure I have one downstairs sitting in a red sleeve from some old 45 my parents probably had (the ones from Jukeboxes with no center in them). From memory I recall it had Xebec on the disk (which is why I wanted it so bad).

That's a cool shoot-em up game btw. I remember trying to get it on tape to play back to the speccy, but that plastic just had a pretty seriously bad scratchy audio quality. Wasn't the best media to distribute software on. I just did a quick google and Worldofspectrum says it was from Computer Gamer magazine, issue 9.

[url]http://www.worldofspectrum.org/infoseek.cgi?regexp=^Computer+Gamer+issue+09$&pub=^Computer+Gamer$&loadpics=1[/url]

To be sure, I will try and find it (I have all the Big K's - it could be that one I've seen as its possible the xebec one was tossed out of 'it just won't load' frustration as a kid). I'm curious to find out now that you bought it up. :lol:
"kevman3d" on trademe.
Blog
kevman3d

Return to General