Acorn BBCs available in Wellington

Please post details of what you have to sell, swap or to give away

Acorn BBCs available in Wellington

Postby ian2u on Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:11 pm

3 Acorn BBC computers available in Wellington. (Photos hosted on Google) [All gone except one drive case]

A) Acorn BBC Model B with Watford 32K RAM board and Watford ROM Board. DFS ROM, Wordwise ROM, Pascal ROMs, No external serial number. Sounds like it boots and resets on Break but nothing visible on VDU or TV. Photos

B) Acorn BBC Model B serial number 201348. All ROM slots filled, including Technomatic NovaCAD ROM. Sounds like it boots and resets on Break but nothing visible on VDU or TV. Photos

C) Acorn BBC Master and 2 ROM socket. Photos

Other associated hardware:

Single 5.25in floppy drive, a pair of 5.25in floppy drives and a spare double height metal case.
    Marconi RB2 3 button track ball & manual
    Dot matrix printer - Super 5 CP80 Type I (broken lid) - untested Photos
    Ingersoll HPD-10 RGB colour monitor - doesn't seem to work, to the untrained eye the circuit board looks OK.
    Monochrome monitor
    Home made wooden monitor stand that has been designed to fit over a BBC model B. Photos
Other stuff: various manuals and software on floppies and tape.

Will try to answer questions :-)
Last edited by ian2u on Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:07 pm, edited 3 times in total.
ian2u

Re: Acorn BBCs available in Wellington

Postby glc on Fri Feb 12, 2016 4:39 pm

Hi
I'm interested in one of the model B's

can you PM me a price

thanks
glc

Postby SeanKennedy on Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:20 pm

Interested in the Master (or a B) - PM me price expectations - assuming you'll chuck in a floppy?

And I must have the CP-80!
SeanKennedy

Postby floppylobster on Sat Feb 13, 2016 9:15 am

Very keen on anything that is left. Especially the home made wooden monitor stand. Regards.
floppylobster

Postby ian2u on Mon Feb 15, 2016 11:18 am

I've had firm interest in the BBC Master, the printer and the single floppy drive. Discussing a Model B with another user.

In addition to the usual manuals there are also 5 books which are available separately or in conjunction with hardware.
ian2u

Postby floppylobster on Mon Feb 15, 2016 1:27 pm

Not sure if you got my reply to your message (there has been some issues with that here), but I replied a couple of days ago.

Regards,
floppylobster

Postby ian2u on Mon Feb 15, 2016 2:07 pm

floppylobster wrote:Not sure if you got my reply to your message (there has been some issues with that here), but I replied a couple of days ago.

Regards,

Last message I got from you started with "I'm interested in some things more than others..." and mentioned your sister's van.
An earlier message mentioned that you were interested in the monitor stand (so I am reserving that for you at the moment).
ian2u

Postby Fesh on Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:38 am

Hey,
Is the spare double height drive case still available?
Does it include a BBC power cable? having great trouble tracking one of those down.

Would be still be interested even without though

Thanks
Fesh

Postby ian2u on Thu Mar 03, 2016 5:03 pm

Thanks guys, especially SeanKennedy, glc, floppylobster and AlexC, it was good doing business with you.

It pretty much all gone, with the computers going for $45-60 each. None were working, though one is working now.

All that is left is the double height 5.25inch drive casing and some floppy disks for a variety of other machines (Apple ][ , CPM etc), free to a good home.
ian2u

Postby floppylobster on Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:20 pm

Great doing business with you too ian2u. Any chance you could post a photo of the double height casing?

I'd also be interested in the discs sight unseen.
floppylobster

Postby ian2u on Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:20 am

Drive case -- turn the left hand piece the other way up and slide it inside the casing to form the bottom. I don't have the original screws unfortunately.

floppylobster wrote:Great doing business with you too ian2u. Any chance you could post a photo of the double height casing?

I'd also be interested in the discs sight unseen.
ian2u

Postby floppylobster on Sun Mar 06, 2016 1:57 pm

Thanks for doing that. Despite how it looks I honestly am trying to make room in the house so I'd better leave the case. You do take the most excellent photos though.

That said, I am still interested in the disks. (Just out of curiosity to see what's on them). So let me know.
floppylobster

Postby ian2u on Sun Mar 06, 2016 6:03 pm

floppylobster wrote:Thanks for doing that. Despite how it looks I honestly am trying to make room in the house so I'd better leave the case. You do take the most excellent photos though.

That said, I am still interested in the disks. (Just out of curiosity to see what's on them). So let me know.

A couple of disks probably formatted for Apple ][ (no idea what the contents are)

29 disks single sided, 10 sectors, 40 tracks, some look unused, other have CP/M stuff, etc (for H89 or Z89)

23 disks for 1980s MS-DOS machines.

(I also have a several hundred 3.5 inch floppies to sort through -- but I'm sure these are as common as muck. Plus some old MS-DOS or Windows 95/8 games that a friend dumped on me and old BYTE, Dr Dobbs and IEEE magazines)
ian2u

Postby floppylobster on Sun Mar 06, 2016 8:12 pm

I have an 80s IBM that I haven't quite put together yet (but all the parts are there) and I have an Apple ][e. No H89 and no Z89.

I have Win '95 machine, but 3.5" sounds a little too modern for me. Couple of machines that take 3" though.
floppylobster

Return to Vintage Items Available