Apples in Palmy

Discuss any interesting vintage computer Trade Me items here

Re: Apples in Palmy

Postby Gibsaw on Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:05 pm

ZL2AOX wrote:Back on topic, neither met reserve which surprised me :?
I put in a lazy bid for the GS but I'm really after a ROM 3 ...and the broken monitor put me off a bit.

The IIgs failed to meet reserve again. I was top bidder at $52.

I've made an offer ($150) by email, but he hasn't responded yet.

The monitor repair is also putting me off a bit. A replacement HT transformer for the local 230v version of this RGB monitor might be rarer than rocking horse sh*t to come by... I've paid to have a transformer rewound once before for a vintage guitar amplifier, but it's not a road I'd be looking to go down.
"dsakey" on trademe. Apple II's are my thing.
Gibsaw

Postby tezza on Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:12 pm

Yes,

All sorts of things determine "value" of an package to the individual. For me, I would have liked the box but I don't want it THAT much in spite of what current sales might suggest its retail value is (and this can sometimes go up and down like a yoyo). Around $50 is the threshold for me.

Still, if Andrew decides it is worth much more than any bids which are given it's his perogative to sit on it for a while. I would have liked to see it offered at his reserve price though, so I knew the minimum he wanted.
Tez (Terry Stewart) (Administrator)
Collection: https://www.classic-computers.org.nz/co ... /index.htm
Projects and Articles: https://www.classic-computers.org.nz/blog/index.htm
Twitter: @classiccomputNZ | YouTube: Terry Stewart
Trade Me: tezza5
tezza
Site Admin

Postby Gibsaw on Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:27 pm

tezza wrote:...so I knew the minimum he wanted.

Well, it reached $180ish last time and hadn't met reserve. I'm picking he's wanting $200. I didn't accept his $180 fixed price offer last time as I'd had a chance to think about the combined value of the items (and freight) I've bought from him since the auction closed.

One confusing part is that his picture shows the bog-standard ROM01 256k upgrade memory card that (a) he doesn't list as being part of the auction and (b) I already have in my possession from his previous bits and pieces auction, so I'm not real clear if this has 256k or 512k.

But assuming it's only a ROM01 with the minimum amount of 256k RAM, (not a "Woz Edition" ROM0, or the more useful 1MB ROM03) and accepting it as not having a working RGB monitor, I'm willing to guess it's worth to be about the same as a working IIe... It's pretty yellowed, so I feel a $150 offer is not insulting.

UPDATE: The offer was accepted, although for some reason he still put it through trademe. Odd. I would have concluded the trade directly rather than pay a success fee for a trader I've already dealt with.

UPDATE2: Heh. The monitor is indeed dead. Andrew replaced some capacitors and it no longer goes at all.

tezza wrote:Yes, and I MAY have sourced a IIGS board from elsewhere. Should know in a week or two...

Did you get this in the end?
"dsakey" on trademe. Apple II's are my thing.
Gibsaw

Postby tezza on Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:59 am

Gibsaw wrote:[
tezza wrote:Yes, and I MAY have sourced a IIGS board from elsewhere. Should know in a week or two...

Did you get this in the end?

Nope. I haven't heard from the seller for about a week. He wanted $150 for it but I may have scared him off by offering a straight swap with one of the Apple IIes (he was looking for a IIe too). He may have got an IIe from elsewhere. I know he was pursuing one.
Tez (Terry Stewart) (Administrator)
Collection: https://www.classic-computers.org.nz/co ... /index.htm
Projects and Articles: https://www.classic-computers.org.nz/blog/index.htm
Twitter: @classiccomputNZ | YouTube: Terry Stewart
Trade Me: tezza5
tezza
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Trade Me