Well worth taking note of

Anything to do with New Zealand Classic or Vintage Computing not covered in the other forums

Well worth taking note of

Postby WelshWizard on Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:01 am

Just had this in from one of my old wholesaler when I ran a white box computer company some years ago, ( she still send me out WS Listing for some reason)

""
Dear Customers:

Last week a customer received a broken laptop LCD Panel which is broken by courier company, but unfortunately the customer has signed the ticket before they checked the goods.

According to courier company's policy---if you sign the ticket it means you "receive the goods in good order and condition", they will not be responsible for the compensation, you will have to endure the loss.

We strongly suggest you to check the goods condition before you sign the courier ticket, especially when the goods is laptop LCD Panel.

Best Regards,
Sherry
Techstar Computers Ltd
sales@techstarnz.com
www.techstarnz.com
""

Seem we have to be careful of the delivery just in case, so it may be worth the time to insist on opening and checking the Vintage item before signing for it.
WelshWizard

Re: Well worth taking note of

Postby tezza on Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:08 am

Yes, I guess the moral is to read the fine print before signing anything. It's often thought that you sign to acknowledge "receiving the goods" rather than "receiving the goods in good condition".
Tez (Terry Stewart) (Administrator)
Collection: https://www.classic-computers.org.nz/co ... /index.htm
Projects and Articles: https://www.classic-computers.org.nz/blog/index.htm
Twitter: @classiccomputNZ | YouTube: Terry Stewart
Trade Me: tezza5
tezza
Site Admin

Postby Carcenomy on Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:11 pm

I get everything delivered to work, where the couriers have a no-signature thing set up. So if it turns up bust, they can't pull that nonsense. It's bloody rubbish, they often won't even hand you your parcel until you sign his pocket computer...
Just the local Commodore hobo and middle-aged PC hoarder.
eisa on Trademe. A lasting reminder of a Compaq fetish when I was younger.
Carcenomy

Postby coogie on Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:18 pm

We always signed for our parcels followed by S.T.I in capitals - which stands for Subject To Inspection.

Over the years I have done this, I have had to make a number of claims for damaged goods in transit and they were always paid out.

The courier companies try to pull the wool over the smaller guys, however if push comes to shove and you take them to small claims I don't think the judge would be to sympathetic in their direction... ;-)

Hope that helps!
coogie

Return to General