Collection for sale

Please post details of what you have to sell, swap or to give away

Re: Collection for sale

Postby Antiphrasis on Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:15 am

For those of you still interested in some of the collection bits I still have I'm finally back in Auckland and keen to clear out a few more system. I even returned with a handful of Apple II cards; much to my wifes dismay. I've popped pictures of the cards up here:

https://plus.google.com/photos/10623762 ... mu2mmoKbMA
Antiphrasis

Postby recycled on Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:07 pm

Crikey, glad you posted an update. I missed this first time through, looks like I'm just going to get a chance before it's all gone. I'm interested in your BBC Micro #1. Also Micro #2 as a spares box.
Would appreciate an internal shot of BBC Master #2 before I make a decision on that one.

So, if I'm not too late, where too from here :o)
recycled

Postby georgeby on Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:52 am

Just to let you know, I've expressed interest in the two BBC Masters already :)
georgeby

Postby recycled on Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:39 am

georgeby wrote:Just to let you know, I've expressed interest in the two BBC Masters already :)

Yes, I saw your note. I kind of figured that after nearly two months all of the previous requested transactions had already occured and that the updated photo collection was the remainder. In referrence to the photo collection, there appear to be four Masters available? One Master 128 correctly identified and pictured with the lid off, fitted with a 3.5" drive in one shot, another Master 128 (possibly a higher spec model, may be fitted with Econet at an absolute minimum, hence the request for an internal shot) and two Master ET (Econet Terminal) - my reasoning to suspect that the Master 128 is probably a Turbo fitted with an Econet as it may have been the Network server.

So, you can have a Master and I can have a Master no problems. I am ideally after ALL the Model Bs for spares. Want a Master 'cos I've never had one, but happy to wait some more.

My budget is limited, so even before I go after any of it I want to make sure I know as much about the toys as possible so I can get best bang for buck. User Antiphrasis has been very generous to give us first dibs, but I've bought too may unidentified BBC boxes that are just total duds (like the user in another thread who has had 5 * C64s before a good one arrived).

Sysop Terry has a Beeb in a box, and half the internals are scattered about in there. This I can do without. Tracking down support chips like 6522 VIAs etc gets really expensive really quick, so without a power cord on the Masters so Antiphrasis can power them up to check (don't worry if you let the white smoke out of the PSU and the crackle sound is to let you know that you're Power Co. is still delivering 240v to your house - it's an easy fix), I wanna see inside. By now, you probably do too...
recycled

Postby Scot McPhie on Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:49 am

Hi there I'm definitely interested in the Spectravideo 328 -- I used to have one back in the day (gave it to a boys home in the early 90's) -- and have suffered on an emulator ever since!!!

If it's still available could you please let me know

Thanks
Scot
Scot McPhie

Postby georgeby on Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:07 am

I have been PMing Antiphrasis regarding the two Master ETs and we have been organising shipping methods for these two machines.

I believe he has been away for 2 weeks, which has added to the total time for the transaction. I've kept up messages with Antiphrasis during this time though.

I haven't expressed interest for the other two (Model B and Master), so I reckon these would still be available.

All good? :)
georgeby

Postby SpidersWeb on Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:36 am

Are the Amstrad's sold yet?
Wanted - Dead or Alive - Reward $$$: Compaq Deskpro 8088 / 286 / 386 - IBM RT 6150/6151 parts - AT&T 3B2 parts
VC Twitter
SpidersWeb

Postby Scot McPhie on Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:06 pm

Thanks for the heads up Georgeby - I'll wait with baited breath!!

Scot :-)
Scot McPhie

Postby recycled on Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:35 pm

georgeby wrote:I have been PMing Antiphrasis regarding the two Master ETs...
I haven't expressed interest for the other two (Model B and Master), so I reckon these would still be available.

Yeah, absolutely copacetic ;o) You were in first and of course I'll honor that you have first choice.

I expected to recieve a response to my earlier post and PM that they all had found new homes, you've filled in the blank as to why no response from the seller has come back, I have piece of mind that I may get some success chasing the boxes of my interest. Thanks!

I'm curious as to your interest in the ETs now though! What have I missed?... :o|
recycled

Postby MisJiF on Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:47 pm

Put me in line for whatever Acorn/BBC machines you have left. Anything is of interest even if it's parts or broken. I've repared a fair number of BBCs before. I've got an Econet network here and can use the Master ETs too.

Thanks,

Mike.
MisJiF

Postby Antiphrasis on Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:10 pm

georgeby wrote:I have been PMing Antiphrasis regarding the two Master ETs and we have been organising shipping methods for these two machines.

I believe he has been away for 2 weeks, which has added to the total time for the transaction. I've kept up messages with Antiphrasis during this time though.

I've been out of the country for four weeks actually, with spotty internet access while I was away hence the concessional emails that were going out. Got back last week and spent most of that unwinding from a rather stressful trip. I'll be catching up with those who emailed before I left soon, those who put in requests first get preference of course. :-)

Just before I went I shifted half my collection into storage so I have much better access to the part that is left now. The time away has also helped in my decision to reduce my collection further, I'll also be looking at selling on my Commodore CBM 4016, TRS-80 Model 4, Northstar Horizon and Northstar Advantage.

DM.
Antiphrasis

Postby Antiphrasis on Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:12 pm

SpidersWeb wrote:Are the Amstrad's sold yet?

I have a bit of AMSTRAD stuff left, but I'd have to check on what exactly I did have and get back to you.

Regards
Don
Antiphrasis

Postby Antiphrasis on Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:14 pm

Scot McPhie wrote:Hi there I'm definitely interested in the Spectravideo 328 -- I used to have one back in the day (gave it to a boys home in the early 90's) -- and have suffered on an emulator ever since!!!

If it's still available could you please let me know

Thanks
Scot

I do believe I still have two of these, one of which I'm pretty sure is boxed with expander and monitor. I don't recall any previous takers but I'll have to consult my emails on that, things get a little fuzzy when one last thought about these things 4 weeks ago.

Regards
DM
Antiphrasis

Postby SpidersWeb on Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:29 pm

and if you accidently find a normal PC 9 pin monochrome monitor, let me know, pretty please :)
Wanted - Dead or Alive - Reward $$$: Compaq Deskpro 8088 / 286 / 386 - IBM RT 6150/6151 parts - AT&T 3B2 parts
VC Twitter
SpidersWeb

Postby Marais on Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:56 pm

Hi. I just would like to post my interest in your ZX Spectrum computers and accessories. Also if you have a Spectravideo 328 left after sales please contact me. Thank you
Marais

PreviousNext

Return to Vintage Items Available