72 pin SIMMs

Please post details of what you have to sell, swap or to give away

72 pin SIMMs

Postby recycled on Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:44 pm

I realise these things are as numerous as pebbles in a river, but perhaps I may have some specific part you want for that fully authentic feel. Say an IBM PS/2 in your collection has Compaq memory in it and you would feel happier with a couple of genuine IBM FRU 73G3234 parts? I have all the popular ;o) sizes of 72pin SIMMs. 4MB to 32MB, FPM with and without parity, and EDO. Happy to supply individualy, or as matched pairs. (Unmatched pairs if you want)

I like to haggle, so if $2 a 32MB SIMM, (everything else at $1 each) + postage is too rich for you lets negotiate!

All RAM tested with a 486DX2 66 in some random generic board with sloppy BIOS settings I've got. So if you want something exotic for an Uber Accellerator or printer buffer (FPM SIMMs are great for those old HP lasers), it'll still get a test before I send it out to you. :o)
recycled

Re: 72 pin SIMMs

Postby MisJiF on Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:22 pm

Hi,

I'm interested in some 72 pin EDO non parity 32MB or greater modules. Let me know what you have. Thanks.
MisJiF

Postby recycled on Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:24 pm

MisJiF wrote:I'm interested in some 72 pin EDO non parity 32MB or greater modules. Let me know what you have. Thanks.

Last ones available ;

2 * Kingston KTC 2430/64CE kit (2 * 32MB SIMM per kit). Tin contact, 8 chips each side of the SIMM (16 chips in total).

1 matched pair of no name gold contact 4 chip single sided SIMMs

1 single 32MB stick from a Kingston KTC 2430/64CE kit

1 single 32MB stick from a Hypermem HYMCQ08064 kit
(these last two will work together)

Total of 8 SIMMs only.

Will keep looking, time is in short supply at the moment, but most of the sorting for these is probably complete. I have mostly FPM left, truckloads of it with parity. I wouldn't have believed how popular EDO was... When I was looking for FPM all I was turning over was EDO... Now everybody wants that and I've got a lifetime supply of FPM! What a world.
recycled

Postby recycled on Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:39 pm

Oh, I should have mentioned, all RAM is secondhand, sometimes 'very'. No new kits here!
(But that should be obvious in a classic computer forum, right?)
recycled

Return to Vintage Items Available