386 (I think) laptop

Discuss any interesting vintage computer Trade Me items here

386 (I think) laptop

Postby SpidersWeb on Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:58 am

Don't you hate it when you bid on something, then a few days later realise you don't really want it...

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing ... =465771027

Feel free to outbid me :P lol

On the IBM clone front there is 3 new AT machines in the vintage section. Whoever wins the Commodore(s) let me know becasue I have two of the original keyboards to go with them. I was going to use them as spare XT keyboards but would be happy to sell them cheaply to see them paired up with the right machine (they need some retrobright'ing though). That PC-20 looks golden, assuming the hard drive still works.
Wanted - Dead or Alive - Reward $$$: Compaq Deskpro 8088 / 286 / 386 - IBM RT 6150/6151 parts - AT&T 3B2 parts
VC Twitter
SpidersWeb

Re: 386 (I think) laptop

Postby SpidersWeb on Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:33 am

bah I won
hopefully I can get it working.

Who's going to go after those Commodore's? (I wont be bidding btw)
Sure someone here will have a crack at them. They're the triple speed models too I think (isn't that what the III is?).
Wanted - Dead or Alive - Reward $$$: Compaq Deskpro 8088 / 286 / 386 - IBM RT 6150/6151 parts - AT&T 3B2 parts
VC Twitter
SpidersWeb

Postby tezza on Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:53 am

SpidersWeb wrote:Who's going to go after those Commodore's? (I wont be bidding btw)
Sure someone here will have a crack at them. They're the triple speed models too I think (isn't that what the III is?).

Not on my list of desirables. They look a little banged up. I did have a very nice working Commodore III-30 a while back which I put on TradeMe. It went for about $20 to a local (who is also a member of this forum).
Tez (Terry Stewart) (Administrator)
Collection: https://www.classic-computers.org.nz/co ... /index.htm
Projects and Articles: https://www.classic-computers.org.nz/blog/index.htm
Twitter: @classiccomputNZ | YouTube: Terry Stewart
Trade Me: tezza5
tezza
Site Admin

Postby SpidersWeb on Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:12 am

Almost everything I get is a little banged up, all of my AT/XT machines (except my 286XT) are covered in rust, but still the PC10/20 arent on my desirables list either.

Mostly because they're a little too proprietary for my liking, if something fails replacement isn't really an option for a fair bit of it, meaning if something goes wrong it wont be useful for parts and repairs wont be a case of replace but rather repair - and spending that time on an XT clone is a bit much for me if something went awry.

In saying that, if they go for $20 I'll be buying one! I just expect (after my IPC 286 auction @ $75 with no hard drive) they'll end up going for a decent price.
VC Twitter
SpidersWeb

Return to Trade Me