G3 OS9

Please post details of what you are looking for here.

G3 OS9

Postby Deigh on Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:04 pm

......OS9 needed
by Deigh on Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:17 am

I'm like my computers, long in tooth! I have been using a Powerbook 190 to drive my midi music setup

which provides rhythm backing for my guitar playing. My latest powerbook is dying and I've run out of

organ replacement parts so have decided to upgrade to G3, yes, I did say upgrade!

Now, I've got hold of a white G3 which has a couple of keys missing but those can easily be replaced.

What the main problem is that trying to set it up to accept a Yamaha UX16 interface, the whole

computer crashed. I managed to re-install the OSX 10.3.5 from discs supplied by the seller of the G3,

but I'm stumped trying to re-build the OS9 (Classic) which is essential to my Encore music program

and OMS. I have no discs and after several days searching have been unable to find anything workable

on the internet.

What I badly need is the loan or purchase of a OS9 installation disc, and am resorting to this forum to

try and locate one.

Can anyone help?
Deigh DaviesDeigh

Private messageTop
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Post a reply1 post • Page 1 of 1
Return to Repair and Restoration
Jump to: Select a forum ------------------ Administrative News and Information New Zealand Vintage Computing Introductions History Repair and Restoration Vintage Computer Gaming General New Zealand Vintage Computer Buy/Sell Notices Vintage Items Wanted Vintage Items Available Trade Me Off-Topic Non-Vintage Computing Other Off-Topic Chat
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Deigh and 0 guests

Board indexSubscribe topicBookmark topicThe team • Delete all board cookies • All times are UTC + 12 hours Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Deigh

Re: G3 OS9

Postby SpidersWeb on Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:03 am

AFAIK it's freeware, so you can just grab an ISO file on a modern computer and burn to CD.

http://applehorror.com/download-mac-os-9-iso/

If you can't write the CD and you live in NZ I'm sure one of us can send you it (unless you want an original disk for collectors sake).
Wanted - Dead or Alive - Reward $$$: Compaq Deskpro 8088 / 286 / 386 - IBM RT 6150/6151 parts - AT&T 3B2 parts
VC Twitter
SpidersWeb

Postby WelshWizard on Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:28 pm

you can't get it on that site any more even though its freeware
all you get is the following

All sharing functionality on FileSonic is now disabled. Our service can only be used to upload and retrieve files that you have uploaded personally.

If this file belongs to you, please login to download it directly from your file manager.

I think if you goto the MAC site there is a way you can get it there.
WelshWizard

Postby SpidersWeb on Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:41 pm

Whoops, yeah it was just a google lookup, should've tested the links :/
Wanted - Dead or Alive - Reward $$$: Compaq Deskpro 8088 / 286 / 386 - IBM RT 6150/6151 parts - AT&T 3B2 parts
VC Twitter
SpidersWeb

Postby Carcenomy on Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:07 am

Last time I got OS9 I believe I got 9.2.2 directly from Apple. I don't have the links any more, but I do have the ISO.
Just the local Commodore hobo and middle-aged PC hoarder.
eisa on Trademe. A lasting reminder of a Compaq fetish when I was younger.
Carcenomy

Postby Deigh on Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:30 am

SpidersWeb wrote:AFAIK it's freeware, so you can just grab an ISO file on a modern computer and burn to CD.

http://applehorror.com/download-mac-os-9-iso/

Sorry , aint possible to download, Applehorror now confined to members only

If you can't write the CD and you live in NZ I'm sure one of us can send you it (unless you want an original disk for collectors sake).

I would very much like someone to send me a copy, prepared to pay for it if required.

address... 369 Glenbrook-Waiuku road, Waiuku, Franklin 2681
Deigh

Postby Deigh on Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:29 am

Carcenomy wrote:Last time I got OS9 I believe I got 9.2.2 directly from Apple. I don't have the links any more, but I do have the ISO.

Tried to download it direct from apple but they are not supporting the download any more and it didn't work on my setup, so I'm back to square one. Anyone got any new ideas on how I can get a copy of this? :(
Deigh

Postby lizardb0y on Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:39 am

Deigh wrote:
Carcenomy wrote:Last time I got OS9 I believe I got 9.2.2 directly from Apple. I don't have the links any more, but I do have the ISO.

Tried to download it direct from apple but they are not supporting the download any more and it didn't work on my setup, so I'm back to square one. Anyone got any new ideas on how I can get a copy of this? :(

A couple of minutes with Google reveals this: http://ftp.iinet.net.au/pub/apple/US/Macintosh/System/

Let me know how this goes, as I'll want to use it later too.

Cheers,
lizardb0y / Andrew
Just another 8-bit hustler

blog: http://www.vintage8bit.com
twitter: @vintage8bit
google+: http://gplus.to/lizardb0y
trademe: andrew9 - over 500 positive trades.
lizardb0y

Return to Vintage Items Wanted