New listings more to come in the next few days

Discuss any interesting vintage computer Trade Me items here

New listings more to come in the next few days

Postby manuka on Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:15 pm

Hi all, I've got a big pile of stuff to put up on trademe a bunch of 486 class machines a few 2&386's, some Amiga 5&600's, some C64's, some old NZ made networking gear, Macs, Laptops, etc.

So far I've listed the following:

Amstrad PcW2956
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing ... =571563130

Apple Macintosh Classic
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing ... =571565331

Honda badged 486 class PC
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing ... =571572961

DSIR Network Processor
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing ... =571583756

DSIR Network Processor #2
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing ... =571587510
molten_media on TradeMe, which is also my place of work. No particular interests apart from passing on some of the gems that come through the door.
manuka
 
Posts: 115
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:30 pm

Re: New listings more to come in the next few days

Postby mrad01 on Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:39 pm

Great!

Keen to see which compact macs you have to list...

Keep them coming!
mrad01
 
Posts: 289
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:13 pm

Re: New listings more to come in the next few days

Postby SpidersWeb on Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:47 pm

I love flippy cases, best invention ever. I assume by the 100Mhz CPU that it has VTEC.
Bids have already started so I don't fancy my chances.

Thanks again for the listings.

Edit: oh you don't get any dumb terminals arrive at work do you? Keyboard, old screen with a DB25 serial port on the back? Finding those is almost impossible and there was a time you couldn't walk between offices without seeing one after the other. It makes me want to go digging in landfills. I have a Wyse WY50 but proprietary keyboard connector and of course I don't have the keyboard.
Wanted - Dead or Alive - Reward $$$: Compaq Deskpro 8088 / 286 / 386 - IBM RT 6150/6151 parts - AT&T 3B2 parts
VC Twitter
SpidersWeb
 
Posts: 1130
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:38 am
Location: Wellington

Re: New listings more to come in the next few days

Postby Gibsaw on Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:40 pm

SpidersWeb wrote:I love flippy cases, best invention ever. I assume by the 100Mhz CPU that it has VTEC.

Groan. The worst part was the length of time it took me to get that. Yes, I think that board is capable of 3.3v. Variable valve timing... mmm.. probably not. :D
SpidersWeb wrote:Bids have already started so I don't fancy my chances.

Yep. I've opened bidding. See ya in the mosh-pit. :D I have a "rarer than rocking-horse-sh*t" 83MHz Pentium overdrive CPU sitting waiting to go in... UNLESS it's a proper Intel DX4, in which case I may leave it alone.
Last edited by Gibsaw on Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"dsakey" on trademe. Apple II's are my thing.
Gibsaw
 
Posts: 709
Joined: Sun Dec 19, 2010 2:45 pm
Location: Auckland

Re: New listings more to come in the next few days

Postby manuka on Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:43 pm

I've got at least one other flippy case bit it's pretty rough though.
As for the CPU it's an IBM 5x86c IBM26 5x86-3V3100GF hopefully that should be able to tell you what you want to know
We get very few terminals in - I can only remember one that came in around 18 months ago, is the connector for the wyse terminal the one that looks like an RJ-11? if so we get those in from time to time. I've actually had a couple of people looking for WY50's recently.
molten_media on TradeMe, which is also my place of work. No particular interests apart from passing on some of the gems that come through the door.
manuka
 
Posts: 115
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:30 pm

Re: New listings more to come in the next few days

Postby Gibsaw on Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:52 pm

manuka wrote:As for the CPU it's an IBM 5x86c IBM26 5x86-3V3100GF hopefully that should be able to tell you what you want to know

Yep.. Thanks for that. They're a really interesting beast. Like a 486 with some pentium'ish optimisations, but a few compatibility gotchas and they don't appear like a pentium in software.

Kinda funny really. They're a really good "486 class" CPU and make a 486 motherboard really hit above it's paygrade... Had the capability to quite seriously extend the life of the 486 in a manner similar to the "super socket 7" stuff of the pentium era if it weren't for one thing... The weak FPU sidelined them and pretty much all other things cyrix almost overnight when one key piece of software (quake) was released in 1996.
"dsakey" on trademe. Apple II's are my thing.
Gibsaw
 
Posts: 709
Joined: Sun Dec 19, 2010 2:45 pm
Location: Auckland

Re: New listings more to come in the next few days

Postby Carcenomy on Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:49 pm

Gibsaw wrote:
manuka wrote:As for the CPU it's an IBM 5x86c IBM26 5x86-3V3100GF hopefully that should be able to tell you what you want to know

Yep.. Thanks for that. They're a really interesting beast. Like a 486 with some pentium'ish optimisations, but a few compatibility gotchas and they don't appear like a pentium in software.

Kinda funny really. They're a really good "486 class" CPU and make a 486 motherboard really hit above it's paygrade... Had the capability to quite seriously extend the life of the 486 in a manner similar to the "super socket 7" stuff of the pentium era if it weren't for one thing... The weak FPU sidelined them and pretty much all other things cyrix almost overnight when one key piece of software (quake) was released in 1996.

Euurgh, careful with that word of curse! :)

The power supply in that 486 looks a little bizarre, could make things tricky if it fails later.
Just the local Commodore hobo and middle-aged PC hoarder.
eisa on Trademe. A lasting reminder of a Compaq fetish when I was younger.
Carcenomy
 
Posts: 764
Joined: Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:59 pm
Location: Invercargill

Re: New listings more to come in the next few days

Postby SpidersWeb on Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:09 pm

Gibsaw wrote:
SpidersWeb wrote:I love flippy cases, best invention ever. I assume by the 100Mhz CPU that it has VTEC.

Groan. The worst part was the length of time it took me to get that. Yes, I think that board is capable of 3.3v. Variable valve timing... mmm.. probably not. :D
SpidersWeb wrote:Bids have already started so I don't fancy my chances.

Yep. I've opened bidding. See ya in the mosh-pit. :D I have a "rarer than rocking-horse-sh*t" 83MHz Pentium overdrive CPU sitting waiting to go in... UNLESS it's a proper Intel DX4, in which case I may leave it alone.


LOL I can't resist a bad joke.

If it's going to someone on here I'll leave you to it, I still haven't built my 486 tower yet.

manuka - RJ11 is common but mine has a DIN plug (7 pin I think) - but if you see any going spare let me know - my IBM 6150 is setup to drive 16 of them and I don't have any to try it with.
That Amstrad is interesting, Z80 CPU but modern designs, 256KB RAM and a 720K disk drive - I assumed it was a PC clone but apparently it's not.
Wanted - Dead or Alive - Reward $$$: Compaq Deskpro 8088 / 286 / 386 - IBM RT 6150/6151 parts - AT&T 3B2 parts
VC Twitter
SpidersWeb
 
Posts: 1130
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:38 am
Location: Wellington

Re: New listings more to come in the next few days

Postby manuka on Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:57 am

SpidersWeb wrote:manuka - RJ11 is common but mine has a DIN plug (7 pin I think) - but if you see any going spare let me know - my IBM 6150 is setup to drive 16 of them and I don't have any to try it with.
That Amstrad is interesting, Z80 CPU but modern designs, 256KB RAM and a 720K disk drive - I assumed it was a PC clone but apparently it's not.


I'll keep an eye out, we get WYSE keyboards in from time to time.
molten_media on TradeMe, which is also my place of work. No particular interests apart from passing on some of the gems that come through the door.
manuka
 
Posts: 115
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:30 pm


Return to Trade Me

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

cron