PC and Atari 8 bit hardware free to a good home

Please post details of what you have to sell, swap or to give away

PC and Atari 8 bit hardware free to a good home

Postby plaing on Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:29 pm

Hi Folks
I just registered after discovering this board - I'm a kiwi who lives in the USA nowadays, but I'm back in NZ cleaning out Mums garage of accumulated machines, shipping some stuff back to the states, but realistically I can't ship it all... but I hate to just have it 'lost' or sent to the tip by someone. Mum lives in Lower Hutt and I'm here for for two more days - but can leave things in the garage for someone to pickup after I'm gone later on...

Here's the list of machines I'd like to put up on the board:
Terry has called dib's on these, other stuff below is available
Code: Select all
Ohio Scientific machines + documentation + parts

Challenger 4P MF - 24K just like the adverts - machine + OSI floppy drive
Challenger 8P - Cassette - no case just 48 line bus + 502(505?) + 540B boards
5 x Superboard II's in various states
Modified RCA TV Set sold with NZ OSI Machines
Bunch of other boards.  Some of these machines worked when put away but no idea now - I did fire up the 4P MF and got character mapped video but 'Break' didn't reset the CPU to the DWM? prompt.  The Superboard II's are barebones but many have had the video, cassette and power interfaces soldered.    There's A TON of documentation from the Wellington OSI Users Group - that the secretary gave me years back. and other places - Peek 65's OSI Small systems journals, OS65D disassemblies, hardware mods etc (3 or 4 FULL boxes)

Atari 8 bit equipment - in working order last time I tested about 2 years ago:

Atari 8 bit - My old PAL Atari 800XL - Everything except the 1050 was working last time I tried it - All atari stuff is in original boxes etc
Atari 800 XL - PAL
Atari 810 disk drive
Atari 1050 disk drive - Not sure where I got it - was dead when I got it, might be an easy repair (Blown bus-drivers like is common?)
SIO cables
DOS System II Master diskette
Atari 1010 tape drive (a bunch of tapes too - mostly games)
PSU's and cables included.

Box of ISA bus PC stuff
A bunch of ISA bus NIC's looks like 3 NE1000's a couple of WD's by looks of things tooNIC's
XT motherboard full of RAM, with CPU and FPU (NEC?)
486 DX/40 originally from LEAT - Leading Edge Advanced Technology.. in Upperhutt NZ No ram but looks fine.
3 or 4 video cards - Trident 8900 CL - ISA, Paradise VGA
ISA hard disk controllers
cables
About 4 or 5 360 K Floppy drives
1 3.5 inch - I think 1.44 MB floppy drive

I'd prefer one person to take all the Atari stuff, and one person to take all the PC stuff, or one person to take all the Atari and ALL the PC stuff... to make things easier for my mum.

Please contact me via PM.

Cheers,
Peter
plaing

Re: PC and Atari 8 bit hardware free to a good home

Postby tezza on Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:41 pm

Thanks for posting this up Peter,

This is exactly the thing I hope people would use this forum for, from time to time.

It's a case of first in, first served. Use the Personal message system direct to Peter rather than making a public post.

Please bear in mind that Peter (and/or his Mum) is unlikely to be in the position to ship anything. As I read it, it's a pickup only. And it's essentially two lots. Atari stuff and PC stuff. I've claimed the OSI material.
Tez (Terry Stewart) (Administrator)
Collection: https://www.classic-computers.org.nz/co ... /index.htm
Projects and Articles: https://www.classic-computers.org.nz/blog/index.htm
Twitter: @classiccomputNZ | YouTube: Terry Stewart
Trade Me: tezza5
tezza
Site Admin

Postby SpidersWeb on Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:41 pm

PM sent!
Terry are you coming down to collect?
Wanted - Dead or Alive - Reward $$$: Compaq Deskpro 8088 / 286 / 386 - IBM RT 6150/6151 parts - AT&T 3B2 parts
VC Twitter
SpidersWeb

Postby tezza on Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:59 pm

SpidersWeb wrote:Terry are you coming down to collect?

PM sent to you regarding this Jono.
Tez (Terry Stewart) (Administrator)
Collection: https://www.classic-computers.org.nz/co ... /index.htm
Projects and Articles: https://www.classic-computers.org.nz/blog/index.htm
Twitter: @classiccomputNZ | YouTube: Terry Stewart
Trade Me: tezza5
tezza
Site Admin

Postby plaing on Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:06 pm

Hi Jonathan,

I sent you a PM, but it's not showing up in my sent box... which seems a bit weird...

If you don't see it give me a yell.
plaing

Postby SpidersWeb on Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:20 pm

Got it :) Thanks!
It goes to your Outbox until it's been read (then it moves itself to Sent).
Wanted - Dead or Alive - Reward $$$: Compaq Deskpro 8088 / 286 / 386 - IBM RT 6150/6151 parts - AT&T 3B2 parts
VC Twitter
SpidersWeb

Postby plaing on Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:14 am

All claimed now, cjr gets the Atari stuff.

Spidersweb gets PC stuff, and

Terry gets the OSI stuff.

Will send details for pickup in about a week. Thanks guys, I hope you all get as much fun from this stuff as I have.

Moved my history to the Introductions pages...

If anyone has any questions about OSI stuff or Atari stuff, or even Hitachi Peaches I can still remember a fair bit so feel free to PM me.
Cheers,
Pete
plaing

Postby YetiSeti on Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:15 pm

and all of a sudden my very rare Superboard II doesn't feel so rare any more :) Good to see a User Group's worth of computers are staying together and such a valuable piece of NZ's computing history.

Did anyone see the Atari (or was it Commodore) bundles recently for auction? The person posted in the Q&A that they were part of user group collection. I can't find the auction now. They were over-priced so they didn't make it to my watchlist.

Plaing, I would be curious and interested to know that if these were the computers that had to be left, just what are some of the ones heading overseas? More as a matter of historical record of what has been fortunate to survive till now and was used in NZ (of any computers of rarity/obscurity at least).
YetiSeti

Postby plaing on Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:31 pm

machinecoder wrote:Can I ask why your not selling all this stuff, or are you related to the "mad butcher" ?

I didn't want where they went to be based on the fattest wallet. Everyone I'm giving them to has shown a real interest, id rather.see someone.who's really into vintage machines get them and not lose out because they don't have hugely deep pockets.

The OSI users I knew were like that. They helped.each other out, burning EPROMS and giving advice freely.

It was an awesome.time. People didn't ask for money for their hardware mods, they shared them.

Those Wellington OSI users group meetings were just like how.Woz described the homebrew computer club. A bunch of enthusiasts helping each other out.

Maybe it's.because there were so many HAMS in the group but the non hams were the same.

Hope that helps explain it.

Hope the above got past my virtual handset keyboard.
plaing

Postby plaing on Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:42 pm

YetiSeti wrote:and all of a sudden my very rare Superboard II doesn't feel so rare any more :) Good to see a User Group's worth of computers are staying together and such a valuable piece of NZ's computing history.

Did anyone see the Atari (or was it Commodore) bundles recently for auction? The person posted in the Q&A that they were part of user group collection. I can't find the auction now. They were over-priced so they didn't make it to my watchlist.

Plaing, I would be curious and interested to know that if these were the computers that had to be left, just what are some of the ones heading overseas? More as a matter of historical record of what has been fortunate to survive till now and was used in NZ (of any computers of rarity/obscurity at least).

The only kiwi machine I took to the.states.was the Challenger 1P that started it all...
We did a bunch of hardware mods on it

Sadly don't have a Peach anymore... At one point I had two, and had..schematics.too...
They were actually sold in NZ... More when I have.. A real keyboard.....

My dad bought it used must have been 81 or 82. We populated the.rs232 , populated the.sound sac
plaing

Return to Vintage Items Available