Anyone here with little boys pants?

Discuss any interesting vintage computer Trade Me items here

Re: Anyone here with little boys pants?

Postby milkshakebot on Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:04 pm

Whoa, this is amazing. Is this what i'm up against? :wink:
milkshakebot
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:59 am

Re: Anyone here with little boys pants?

Postby Gibsaw on Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:13 am

milkshakebot wrote:Whoa, this is amazing. Is this what i'm up against? :wink:

Ron Turner I presume? You've been busy I see.
"dsakey" on trademe. Apple II's are my thing.
Gibsaw
 
Posts: 709
Joined: Sun Dec 19, 2010 2:45 pm
Location: Auckland

Re: Anyone here with little boys pants?

Postby lizardb0y on Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:38 pm

Gibsaw wrote:
milkshakebot wrote:Whoa, this is amazing. Is this what i'm up against? :wink:

Ron Turner I presume? You've been busy I see.


No, milkshakebot is our friendly local Media3 reporter. The elusive Ron Turner remains, sadly, elusive.
lizardb0y / Andrew
Just another 8-bit hustler

blog: http://www.vintage8bit.com
twitter: @vintage8bit
google+: http://gplus.to/lizardb0y
trademe: andrew9 - over 500 positive trades.
lizardb0y
 
Posts: 549
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:50 am
Location: Wellington

Re: Anyone here with little boys pants?

Postby caluser2000 on Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:16 pm

Surely he's not THAT shy ;)
The Acorn never falls far from the tree.. x86 GUI whore.
caluser2000
 
Posts: 340
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:32 pm

Re: Anyone here with little boys pants?

Postby manuka on Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:34 pm

Ronturner's a nice enough guy, well I would say that about someone who's bought a bunch of stuff from me :D
molten_media on TradeMe, which is also my place of work. No particular interests apart from passing on some of the gems that come through the door.
manuka
 
Posts: 115
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:30 pm

Re: Anyone here with little boys pants?

Postby mrad01 on Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:05 pm

manuka wrote:Ronturner's a nice enough guy, well I would say that about someone who's bought a bunch of stuff from me :D



I've had a few email back and forwards with him - yeah, he seems OK enough. Certainly doesn't like the shotgun approach to bidding on TradeMe [ahem! Berendson]. He expressed that very clearly to me. He wrote a VZ200/300 emulator at some point.
mrad01
 
Posts: 289
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:13 pm

Re: Anyone here with little boys pants?

Postby tezza on Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:20 pm

Sounds like the kind of person who could contribute to these forums. He should sign up.

It's interesting to speculate on who these high bidders are and their motivations. But hey, if I had the disposable income, had the room and wanted an instant computer collection I might well be as rampant on Trade Me also.

With experience though, I would advise new collectors not just to grab anything they can get their hands on but to have a collection strategy and really get a feel for the market first. But then, I need to account for every dollar and I don't have much space. Some people don't have such constraints. To some, a four figure value is pocket change.
Tez (Terry Stewart) (Administrator)
Collection: http://www.classic-computers.org.nz/col ... /index.htm
Projects and Articles: http://www.classic-computers.org.nz/blog/index.htm
Twitter: @classiccomputNZ | YouTube: Terry Stewart
Trade Me: tezza5
tezza
Site Admin
 
Posts: 2293
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 pm
Location: Palmerston North, New Zealand

Re: Anyone here with little boys pants?

Postby manuka on Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:21 pm

mrad01 wrote:
manuka wrote:Ronturner's a nice enough guy, well I would say that about someone who's bought a bunch of stuff from me :D



I've had a few email back and forwards with him - yeah, he seems OK enough. Certainly doesn't like the shotgun approach to bidding on TradeMe [ahem! Berendson]. He expressed that very clearly to me. He wrote a VZ200/300 emulator at some point.


Yeah he bought a Mac monitor of me a few weeks ago that I thought went for ludicrous money, he did tell me he was determined to outbid Berendson on that particular item.
molten_media on TradeMe, which is also my place of work. No particular interests apart from passing on some of the gems that come through the door.
manuka
 
Posts: 115
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:30 pm

Re: Anyone here with little boys pants?

Postby manuka on Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:22 pm

tezza wrote:Sounds like the kind of person who could contribute to these forums. He should sign up.


I will suggest that next time I see him.
molten_media on TradeMe, which is also my place of work. No particular interests apart from passing on some of the gems that come through the door.
manuka
 
Posts: 115
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:30 pm

Re: Anyone here with little boys pants?

Postby YetiSeti on Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:04 pm

Looks like there's no love lost between ronturner and berendsen - http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing ... =578559093


I've noticed berendsen bidding on pick up only auctions up and down the country a bit. Of course there are premium post services that will pick up your trademe auctions. He's probably just doing that???
YetiSeti
 
Posts: 368
Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2009 5:27 pm

Re: Anyone here with little boys pants?

Postby mrad01 on Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:43 am

YetiSeti wrote:Looks like there's no love lost between ronturner and berendsen - http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing ... =578559093


I've noticed berendsen bidding on pick up only auctions up and down the country a bit. Of course there are premium post services that will pick up your trademe auctions. He's probably just doing that???


Or here either...mental.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/computers/vint ... 362381.htm
mrad01
 
Posts: 289
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:13 pm

Re: Anyone here with little boys pants?

Postby caluser2000 on Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:20 pm

It'd be interesting to see what happens to these systems. Scrapped, resurrected etc. Personally I wouldn't touch an Amstrad with a barge pole. Had a couple and they're crap compared to generic x86 stuff of the same era.

Just asked a dumb question for the hell of it. Andreas just may have contacts through out the country who can pick up and dispatch the items he's won. RT bleating on about someone in the norf and not local is just plain childish.
The Acorn never falls far from the tree.. x86 GUI whore.
caluser2000
 
Posts: 340
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:32 pm

Re: Anyone here with little boys pants?

Postby tezza on Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:31 am

caluser2000 wrote:...Andreas just may have contacts through out the country who can pick up and dispatch the items he's won. RT bleating on about someone in the norf and not local is just plain childish.

I agree. Pickup doesn't mean it has to be done personally.
Tez (Terry Stewart) (Administrator)
Collection: http://www.classic-computers.org.nz/col ... /index.htm
Projects and Articles: http://www.classic-computers.org.nz/blog/index.htm
Twitter: @classiccomputNZ | YouTube: Terry Stewart
Trade Me: tezza5
tezza
Site Admin
 
Posts: 2293
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 pm
Location: Palmerston North, New Zealand

Re: Anyone here with little boys pants?

Postby caluser2000 on Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:15 am

Tactics seem pretty clear. Wines & moans, get seller to remove your bid. Bid at last minute.

If I was the seller of that Amstrad I'd send it to Andreas just as matter of principle.
Last edited by caluser2000 on Sun May 26, 2013 2:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.
The Acorn never falls far from the tree.. x86 GUI whore.
caluser2000
 
Posts: 340
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:32 pm

Re: Anyone here with little boys pants?

Postby Gibsaw on Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:50 am

caluser2000 wrote:Tactics seem pretty clear. Wine, get seller to remove your bid. Bid at last minute.

If I was the seller of that Amstrad I'd send it to Andreas just as matter of principle.

I'm sorry? "andreas"? You know berendsen? Have you suggested he join? :)
"dsakey" on trademe. Apple II's are my thing.
Gibsaw
 
Posts: 709
Joined: Sun Dec 19, 2010 2:45 pm
Location: Auckland

PreviousNext

Return to Trade Me

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

cron