Fountain Programmable Video System

Please post details of what you have to sell, swap or to give away

Fountain Programmable Video System

Postby Titan on Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:38 pm

Console in good condition with its own carry hard case, got 11 games, 2 controllers and face plates for the controllers.
Looking at selling but not sure on the value of it.
Trying to put a photo up but don't know how at the moment, any help or interest would be appreciated, THANKS ;-)
Titan

Re: Fountain Programmable Video System

Postby milkshakebot on Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:01 pm

They pop up on Trademe every now and then. There was one I forgot to bid on which I think went for $50.

*edit* I might be interested if you're selling and it's in working condition.
milkshakebot

Postby SpidersWeb on Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:36 pm

Because you have a carry case and the face plates, it sounds like a complete set.

If you can get a photo up on the internet (anywhere) and drop a link here we could see the condition.

I have one with games, I don't think I paid very much for it (like $10ish) but that was 5 years ago now and it wasn't as complete as yours by the sounds of it.
Wanted - Dead or Alive - Reward $$$: Compaq Deskpro 8088 / 286 / 386 - IBM RT 6150/6151 parts - AT&T 3B2 parts
VC Twitter
SpidersWeb

Postby Titan on Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:51 pm

milkshakebot wrote:They pop up on Trademe every now and then. There was one I forgot to bid on which I think went for $50.

*edit* I might be interested if you're selling and it's in working condition.

hi there its in good working condition with 11 games and a hard carry case, would be keen to sell but for a bit more than $50. thanks
Titan

Postby Titan on Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:54 pm

SpidersWeb wrote:Because you have a carry case and the face plates, it sounds like a complete set.

If you can get a photo up on the internet (anywhere) and drop a link here we could see the condition.

I have one with games, I don't think I paid very much for it (like $10ish) but that was 5 years ago now and it wasn't as complete as yours by the sounds of it.

trying to get a photo up for you, sorry i'm not to clever but as soon as I find a way I will let you know ;-)
Titan

Postby Titan on Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:07 pm

machinecoder wrote:I have a whole box full of fountain video game consoles and a huge collection of carts for the console.

I paid:

$30 for the consoles

$3-$5 for carts

$10-$20 for mint boxed carts with overlays and manuals

$80 (aprox) for a boxed hobby module cartridge

dont expect to go on a trip to ausy or a new car after auction.....

They come up on trademe every two weeks, they must have made millions of them so not very hard to find, and as the value of collectables is based on how rare / hard-to-find or popular they are. there you go.....

If you have the hobby module then thats worth the $$$$$$$$

wow thanks that's about the most ive ever heard of them, lol and I thought I was sitting a gold mind :lol: . I don't think I have the hobby module, what is the hobby module?
Titan

Postby SpidersWeb on Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:29 am

Titan emailed me some photos to show, here they are:

It's actually a very tidy looking set, so I'd expect anyone who collects these could be quite keen.
Wanted - Dead or Alive - Reward $$$: Compaq Deskpro 8088 / 286 / 386 - IBM RT 6150/6151 parts - AT&T 3B2 parts
VC Twitter
SpidersWeb

Postby Titan on Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:25 am

THANKS spidersweb for adding my photos it is much appreciated :D
Titan

Postby Titan on Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:27 am

I don't think the case is genuine fountain case but its kept the console and stuff in good condition...
Titan

Postby SpidersWeb on Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:58 pm

Sounds like your best bet might be trademe - possibly under Vintage Computing (instead of game consoles).
Could take the interest of one or two particular bidders.
VC Twitter
SpidersWeb

Postby Carcenomy on Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:34 pm

It looks pretty tidy, much tidier than my own. But that said, I paid $5 for mine when I got it. I'd make an offer at $40ish.
Just the local Commodore hobo and middle-aged PC hoarder.
eisa on Trademe. A lasting reminder of a Compaq fetish when I was younger.
Carcenomy

Postby YetiSeti on Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:52 pm

The market may well be rising for these consoles but they are the most common to appear on trademe and it's hard not to find one if you're looking. I would be waiting for a boxed one which is quite common but till now I've watch these consoles sell in the sub-$30 range, even when with a number of cartridges. $50 I would have thought was quite a steep price and haven't seen many sell for that kind of $$$s.

This sold for $20 with 5 carts - http://www.trademe.co.nz/gaming/other/a ... 728981.htm - and is more typical of the price I've seen, of course factoring in missing tips, etc.

This sold for $50 but that after the guy talked up the auction describing it as "very rare only ever seen another in tepaa museum" and "very rare will find it hard to find another for sale again." (they come up virtually every week or two) http://www.trademe.co.nz/gaming/other/a ... 969705.htm

This sold for $39 and is boxed and good condition and is the much rarer boxing, which in my estimation is about 10 times rarer (I've only seen a few for sale versus tons for the Force 2, e.g. http://www.trademe.co.nz/gaming/other/a ... 325844.htm, sold for $50).

It looks like the price ceiling has gone up a bit.
YetiSeti

Postby Carcenomy on Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:57 pm

A friend of mine explained it the best. The kids would whine that they want a console, expecting a Master System or an NES... then mum and dad would bring home a Force 2 and the years of resentment would begin. ;)
Just the local Commodore hobo and middle-aged PC hoarder.
eisa on Trademe. A lasting reminder of a Compaq fetish when I was younger.
Carcenomy

Postby Titan on Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:48 am

machinecoder wrote:to sum up, you have found the most common and easiest to find "old school" console,
worth the least amount of money vs any console out there, that after 100's of hours
of general use has been tucked (neaty) into an old "microscope case" of some kind :oops:

$25

$25 is that your offer???
Titan

Postby tezza on Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:19 pm

Titan, If no-one using this site wants it, I would suggest listing it on Trade Me and see what happens.

If anyone does want to make Titan an offer, just use the message system on here to communicate.
Tez (Terry Stewart) (Administrator)
Collection: https://www.classic-computers.org.nz/co ... /index.htm
Projects and Articles: https://www.classic-computers.org.nz/blog/index.htm
Twitter: @classiccomputNZ | YouTube: Terry Stewart
Trade Me: tezza5
tezza
Site Admin

Next

Return to Vintage Items Available