An oldie but goes

Please post details of what you have to sell, swap or to give away

Re: An oldie but goes

Postby SpidersWeb on Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:20 pm

caluser2000 wrote:Looking forward to having a toodle with it.

Thread with lots of pictures please :P
Wanted - Dead or Alive - Reward $$$: Compaq Deskpro 8088 / 286 / 386 - IBM RT 6150/6151 parts - AT&T 3B2 parts
VC Twitter
SpidersWeb
 
Posts: 1130
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:38 am
Location: Wellington

Re: An oldie but goes

Postby caluser2000 on Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:32 pm

SpidersWeb wrote:
caluser2000 wrote:Looking forward to having a toodle with it.

Thread with lots of pictures please :P
I've started a thread over at VCf http://www.vintage-computer.com/vcforum ... and-Clones

Feel free to drawl ;)
The Acorn never falls far from the tree.. x86 GUI whore.
caluser2000
 
Posts: 340
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:32 pm

Re: An oldie but goes

Postby Swivel on Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:31 pm

Well the old girl has been collected (thanks caluser2000 and nice to put face to name).

Hope you have fun with all the rest of the stuff as well
Swivel
 
Posts: 71
Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:23 pm
Location: Hastings NZ

Re: An oldie but goes

Postby caluser2000 on Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:23 pm

Some of the bits pieces will be useful for projects Tomo. Nice meeting you. Just been playing with the beasty. Is the moniter CGA or EGA? Wasn't expecting a colour screen at all.
The Acorn never falls far from the tree.. x86 GUI whore.
caluser2000
 
Posts: 340
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:32 pm

Re: An oldie but goes

Postby caluser2000 on Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:50 pm

Determined it's an EGA screen by running Rescue Rover. Who'd thought a game would be so useful?
The Acorn never falls far from the tree.. x86 GUI whore.
caluser2000
 
Posts: 340
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:32 pm

Re: An oldie but goes

Postby Swivel on Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:44 pm

caluser2000 wrote:Determined it's an EGA screen by running Rescue Rover. Who'd thought a game would be so useful?


Well the dial at the front is fun as you have 3 styles for colour.

Good to see you have it running, you'll have fun with the 200 plus 5 1/4 disks HA HA
Swivel
 
Posts: 71
Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:23 pm
Location: Hastings NZ

Re: An oldie but goes

Postby caluser2000 on Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:37 pm

LOL, yeah in text mode I have white, red and green to choose from. Retro kawl!! Must have been pretty high end at the time. The manual just mentions CGA.

Party like it's 1986 baby!!!

Did you use Enable 2.0 in anger Tomo or was that just handed in as recycling?
The Acorn never falls far from the tree.. x86 GUI whore.
caluser2000
 
Posts: 340
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:32 pm

Re: An oldie but goes

Postby Swivel on Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:18 am

caluser2000 wrote:LOL, yeah in text mode I have white, red and green to choose from. Retro kawl!! Must have been pretty high end at the time. The manual just mentions CGA.

Party like it's 1986 baby!!!

Did you use Enable 2.0 in anger Tomo or was that just handed in as recycling?


It was given to me, they didn't want it but didn't want it broken for re-cycling, so it sat out the back (until I found this site).

Had fun reading the manuals (nice to get them in).

Tomo
Swivel
 
Posts: 71
Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:23 pm
Location: Hastings NZ

Re: An oldie but goes

Postby caluser2000 on Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:40 am

Tomo you don't by any chance still have the riser suppport(the piece that goes from front to back and the fdd cage for the PS/1 at all. If you come across another I'd be interested in it.

I just tested the mobo it an it's running fine. I've got a spare 486DX2/50 I can slap in the thing.

Tezza if you want to make images of the Enable 2.0 disks, asuming they're ok, you're quite welcome.
The Acorn never falls far from the tree.. x86 GUI whore.
caluser2000
 
Posts: 340
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:32 pm

Re: An oldie but goes

Postby Swivel on Sun Jul 07, 2013 4:30 pm

caluser2000 wrote:Tomo you don't by any chance still have the riser suppport(the piece that goes from front to back and the fdd cage for the PS/1 at all. If you come across another I'd be interested in it.

I just tested the mobo it an it's running fine. I've got a spare 486DX2/50 I can slap in the thing.

Tezza if you want to make images of the Enable 2.0 disks, asuming they're ok, you're quite welcome.


Hello. No sorry they came in as they were.
Swivel
 
Posts: 71
Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:23 pm
Location: Hastings NZ

Re: An oldie but goes

Postby caluser2000 on Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:16 pm

That's cool. Made up a back plane/riser support and fdd cage up out of the PB bits- http://www.vintage-computer.com/vcforum ... ankin-PS-1
The Acorn never falls far from the tree.. x86 GUI whore.
caluser2000
 
Posts: 340
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:32 pm

Previous

Return to Vintage Items Available

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests