Need some one to take over the Amiga library disks

Anything to do with New Zealand Classic or Vintage Computing not covered in the other forums

Need some one to take over the Amiga library disks

Postby WelshWizard on Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:41 pm

Due to house renovations I can no longer manage to hold onto the Amiga library disks, so I nee some one in the Auckland area to take them on, there are some many of them that they will fill the boot of most cars plus some of the back seat, I have never manage to get a power pack that works for more than 5 minutes to see if any of the Amiga's I have work to test them out.

Its free for collection, only condition is if any of the NZ Vintage Computer forum wants access to any of them you are prepared to send them either a copy or loan them the original at their cost, this way the info will not be lost, ( If memory serves me correctly they disks are from about 3 possibly 4 NZ PD libraries)
PM me if you wish to take them over, they will have to be collected from Laingholm West Auckland
WelshWizard

Re: Need some one to take over the Amiga library disks

Postby SpidersWeb on Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:32 am

I'm not local, but if nobody else puts their hand up I'd be willing to help.
Can image the disks one by one over time and make available online. I still have the Amiga 2000 to test with.
Wanted - Dead or Alive - Reward $$$: Compaq Deskpro 8088 / 286 / 386 - IBM RT 6150/6151 parts - AT&T 3B2 parts
VC Twitter
SpidersWeb

Postby Gibsaw on Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:45 pm

I'm not an "amiga person", and I don't own one, however... from memory... aren't amiga disks at least format (MFM) compatible with PC drives?

They wouldn't necessarily need an amiga to be imaged?
"dsakey" on trademe. Apple II's are my thing.
Gibsaw

Postby WelshWizard on Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:07 pm

I just need some one to take them over, as I don't think they should be lost as a lot of the liraray is NZ PD stuff
WelshWizard

Postby caluser2000 on Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:25 pm

Gibsaw wrote:I'm not an "amiga person", and I don't own one, however... from memory... aren't amiga disks at least format (MFM) compatible with PC drives?
I thought they were the odd man out with Acorn, Atrai and x86 drives being compatable. http://www.amigaforever.com/kb/13-118

One thing I like about my Acorn machines is it can read the above three formats with out any extra hardware or software as its built in to the core OS.
The Acorn never falls far from the tree.. x86 GUI whore.
caluser2000

Postby Swivel on Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:04 am

Oh I wish I was in Auckland. Would have been nice to have.
Swivel

Return to General