No one in Auckland wants the Zenith?

Discuss any interesting vintage computer Trade Me items here

No one in Auckland wants the Zenith?

Postby YetiSeti on Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:20 pm

Only $1 and no bids! Computer and monitor boxed as well. I'd buy it if it were in Dunedin as I still don't have a signature XT class desktop machine in the collection.

Vintage Zenith Z-148 PC. Complete system http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=321225211

Are there not too many generalist collectors Auckland ways? I guess the bias is in Wellington and the lower North Island.

I have two different Zenith monitors (one is http://www.universal-radio.com/used/u162lrg.jpg) which are my nicest styled monitors but are not the one in the auction so I don't know what systems they originally went with if they were sold with specific machines.
YetiSeti

Re: No one in Auckland wants the Zenith?

Postby ZL2AOX on Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:41 pm

I was interested (the questions are mine) but dang! I only just noticed the Auckland pick-up :x
ZL2AOX

Postby YetiSeti on Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:22 am

Best you could do if you had a maximum price would be to offer an amount on top of the auction price of $1 (which it might go for) for packing and posting efforts as an inducement to making it worth the effort for the person to send if they will. And pushing it, asking to post just the computer and monitor boxes, but being prepared to take the lot if it makes it easier on the person.

I see lots of people early on in such auctions asking if the person would post, but at a dollar reserve and no expectation by the person of any worth greater than that, it's not a desirable proposition.
YetiSeti

Postby ZL2AOX on Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:42 pm

Agreed, but I'm not sure I want it that badly.
The plastic is probably quite yellowed, if the photo of the printer is anything to go by.
His main selling point seems to be the original boxes.

I think I'll focus on resurrecting my broken IBM instead.
ZL2AOX

Return to Trade Me