All the best for 2014

Discuss topics which do not fit into any of the forums above

All the best for 2014

Postby tezza on Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:31 am

Just wishing forum members all the best for 2014. Last year (2013) was a very busy one for me, with family, work and non-computer projects taking precedence over my vintage computing hobby. I still managed to get some things done though, including completing the videos on my collection (apart from a few scheduled re-makes).

I hope you continue to enjoy the forums and it remains useful as a way to connect NZ vintage computer enthusiasts with one another. Good luck with future projects!
Tez (Terry Stewart) (Administrator)
Collection: https://www.classic-computers.org.nz/co ... /index.htm
Projects and Articles: https://www.classic-computers.org.nz/blog/index.htm
Twitter: @classiccomputNZ | YouTube: Terry Stewart
Trade Me: tezza5
tezza
Site Admin

Re: All the best for 2014

Postby mrad01 on Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:34 pm

All the best for 2014 Terry!

Thanks for providing such a great site for us all to use. Much appreciated.

Marcus
mrad01

Postby kevman3d on Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:31 pm

Thanks for providing such a great site for us all to use. Much appreciated.

Yup - ditto from me. To me, its been the "NZ Community" forum that I recommend anybody who asks about classic computing to check out if they want to look at contacting people with similiar passions.

Happy new year to everybody. This year I'm going to make a little more effort with the old machines. I have a few more speccies to work with now (thanks to Don) and I managed to hook a class of 20-22yr students on old 8-bit Atari games at the end of last year (the machine got a good workout for a few hours straight (11:30am to 5:30pm)).

I'll see if I can do the same with a Speccy this year - that said, I'll have to dig around and find a Joystick interface as I doubt many of them would appreciate using rubber keys... I think I might have to look at a 1bis for that as well - I've only managed to successfully load one game from my MP3 player (and the rest were "Tape Read Error" - the usual issue with getting the volumes right and all that tape has).

So, roll on 2014.
"kevman3d" on trademe.
Blog
kevman3d

Postby WelshWizard on Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:20 pm

Sorry for late best wishes , main computer went down with a real nasty before Christmas and as I was away till just a few days ago never got round to fixing any thing.
So all the best to all of you out there.
WelshWizard

Return to Other Off-Topic Chat