Hi everyone!

Introduce yourself. Tell people why you are interested in vintage computers and what (if anything) you've got.

Hi everyone!

Postby falco on Sat Oct 23, 2010 3:02 pm

Hi!

Just thought I'd quickly introduce myself, though I've probably encountered many of you in the past anyway. My name's Mike, I'm located in Auckland. Once, I had a very comprehensive vintage computer collection, but now I'm concentrating on my specific interests. Those are the Apple II line, Spectravideo/MSX, Sinclair ZX81, and Atari 8-bit. I am interested in most machines up to the mid 80s, and intend to keep repairing any machines I encounter that aren't running, though currently my focus is downsizing, so I don't work on everything I could. Not enough hours in the day! My current repair project is a Sega SC3000H, in beautiful condition, boxed, with accessories - but a non-runner, as most of these are. I'm pretty sure that it'll be a runner once the replacement RAM arrives.

I'm always keeping an eye out for Apple, Sinclair, and Atari machines and accessories. Particularly Apple II, I'll grab most of that when I find it. I'm still finding gear to sell as well - a Bondwell 12 and a number of VIC 20s are probably to go soon. If anyone wants a Mac monitor from the early 90s, let me know!

Using the name 'falco' here as that was my BBS handle in the late 80s/90s. Why not - it's actually almost on-topic!

Non-vintage computer stuff - I also enjoy working on classic cars, mostly 60s and 70s. I'm a manager at a medium sized software company located in Mount Eden.

Cheers,

Mike
falco

Re: Hi everyone!

Postby tezza on Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:03 pm

Welcome to the forums Mike,

Yes, my BBC was one of your TradeMe sales.
Tez (Terry Stewart) (Administrator)
Collection: https://www.classic-computers.org.nz/co ... /index.htm
Projects and Articles: https://www.classic-computers.org.nz/blog/index.htm
Twitter: @classiccomputNZ | YouTube: Terry Stewart
Trade Me: tezza5
tezza
Site Admin

Return to Introductions