That Apple IIe bundle

Discuss any interesting vintage computer Trade Me items here

That Apple IIe bundle

Postby caluser2000 on Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:31 am

A fairly good bundle http://www.trademe.co.nz/computers/vint ... 656678.htm

RT/Gavin has put a a few other IIe bit n bobs for those interested as well.
The Acorn never falls far from the tree.. x86 GUI whore.
caluser2000

Re: That Apple IIe bundle

Postby RonTurner on Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:00 pm

Sold Basic computer unit less drive and monitor, books etc for $280 less $15 for shipping, thats a RonTurner profit of $265 :D

Computer had new caps in PSU, stripped down and cleaned and was soak tested before sending to a new home :cry:
RonTurner

Postby Gibsaw on Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:26 pm

Sold it privately then?

Well, ultimately if you spent a good deal of time on it, making sure it was in tip-top shape, then it's certainly going to sell for more than $25. People like a machine that is openly stated to be fully functional...

... Instead of the usual weasel words... "untested... as is... no guarantees... worked when I turned it on 30 years ago.... I don't have the power supply to test...oh, and it's $1300, and I'll blacklist anyone who asks questions." :)
"dsakey" on trademe. Apple II's are my thing.
Gibsaw

Postby RonTurner on Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:33 pm

Gibsaw wrote:Sold it privately then?

Well, ultimately if you spent a good deal of time on it, making sure it was in tip-top shape, then it's certainly going to sell for more than $25. People like a machine that is openly stated to be fully functional...

... Instead of the usual weasel words... "untested... as is... no guarantees... worked when I turned it on 30 years ago.... I don't have the power supply to test...oh, and it's $1300, and I'll blacklist anyone who asks questions." :)

Sold on TradeMe with *Pay-Now* for $280 free shipping through out New Zealand (big shipping costs are an auction killer)

I cut one side out of two banana boxes and taped them together, and used bubble wrap saved up from old TM wins,
total cost of shipping $15

there's no way I was going to blacklist anyone, don't see how that helps sell it, even if they dare ask rude questions
like are there any faults or what kind of condition is it in :lol:

I admit that I got a little excited when Andreas came back online :D when It was listed the first time...

For that much I would want it to have /\*flappy bird*/\ on it...
RonTurner

Postby Gibsaw on Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:32 pm

Yeah, I was referring to a certain "Apple Bulk Deal"... with the blacklisting comment.

Your auctions are generally well detailed and state categorically whether something is working. :D
"dsakey" on trademe. Apple II's are my thing.
Gibsaw

Postby RonTurner on Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:47 pm

Some people have a low tolerance, I'm happy to allow someone to buy it if they are rude or not, I cant sell it to a blacklisted person.

Oh, I forgot to factor cost of electronic components, TM's cut and time spent, so its not holiday or new car :x

I tested it for days with a fan running over it to keep it cool... if it crashed once or I was even in the slightest doubt
about its stability it definitely would not have been listed.
RonTurner

Postby tezza on Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:15 pm

RonTurner wrote:Sold Basic computer unit less drive and monitor, books etc for $280 less $15 for shipping, thats a RonTurner profit of $265 :D

Computer had new caps in PSU, stripped down and cleaned and was soak tested before sending to a new home :cry:

Yes, there is a market for vintage computers that have been cleaned, tested, had faulty parts replaced and the seller stands behind them. Such units certainly are worth more than the $20 "as is, where is"-just-fished-it-out-from-under-the-house deals. Having refurbished a number of machines myself I know that the "Ronturner" profit is not really a profit if time is money and you factor in all the hours you spend on getting these things in shape. :)
Tez (Terry Stewart) (Administrator)
Collection: https://www.classic-computers.org.nz/co ... /index.htm
Projects and Articles: https://www.classic-computers.org.nz/blog/index.htm
Twitter: @classiccomputNZ | YouTube: Terry Stewart
Trade Me: tezza5
tezza
Site Admin

Postby SpidersWeb on Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:41 pm

RonTurner wrote:For that much I would want it to have /\*flappy bird*/\ on it...

:lol:
Wanted - Dead or Alive - Reward $$$: Compaq Deskpro 8088 / 286 / 386 - IBM RT 6150/6151 parts - AT&T 3B2 parts
VC Twitter
SpidersWeb

Postby RonTurner on Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:42 pm

SpidersWeb wrote:
RonTurner wrote:For that much I would want it to have /\*flappy bird*/\ on it...

:lol:

hehe, Traders have been trying to sell IPads with copies of Flappy Bird installed on TradeMe, apparently TM doesn't like this

This was a listing for $5000 Ipad with flappy bird installed... gone... removed by TradeMe staff.
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=699068871

Obviously you cant sell flappy bird if you dont have copyrights to it.

heres another $500 with flappy bird
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=698374746

Its nothing special, just a generic tap and bounce game, I don't really understand how this idea that its worth big dosh got traction :?:

I know its been withdrawn from app stores, but dont worry you can still get * Flappy Shoe * for your Ipad.

I was playing it a couple of days ago, just puts you right to sleep, so boring and tedious, yawn !
RonTurner

Postby acsi on Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:33 pm

Makes me wonder what I'd get for one of my ZX81's with this included? :lol:

http://www.sinclairzxworld.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1301&p=13783&hilit=flappy#p13783
acsi

Return to Trade Me