Two Apples Alert! for Hamiliton or Auckland buyers

Discuss any interesting vintage computer Trade Me items here

Re: Two Apples Alert! for Hamiliton or Auckland buyers

Postby RonTurner on Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:00 pm

tezza wrote:
Gibsaw wrote:A fair amount of duplication... bargains?

Obsession? :)

Definitely OCD , and proud of it :D

Some where bargains, some not so much :oops:
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=713119737
Some would say I need my head-read for paying $52+postage for some paddles, that would only fetch $15-$25 on a re-list,
but im ok with it because averaged out over the whole collection the cost is very good, when will the next brand-new looking
paddles be listed 2017 ? when did you last see some ? some games require them, like car racing games.

The BBC's have actually cost me the most VS KNIGHTOFTHECODE

Ive been bidding against MRAD02 on Apple gears for the last two years :|
RonTurner

Postby RonTurner on Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:06 pm

Gibsaw wrote:Heh.... $152... to me.... Let's see for how long. (It's like poking a bear. :D )

They are just rubber bullets we are shooting :?:
RonTurner

Postby Gibsaw on Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:11 pm

RonTurner wrote:
Gibsaw wrote:Heh.... $152... to me.... Let's see for how long. (It's like poking a bear. :D )

They are just rubber bullets we are shooting :?:

Indeed... only the last bid counts.

I'm just razzing berendsen a little, and since he's up to $150 with 6 days to go, I'm pretty sure he won't be able to help himself. :lol:
"dsakey" on trademe. Apple II's are my thing.
Gibsaw

Postby RonTurner on Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:30 pm

Gibsaw wrote:6 days to go, I'm pretty sure he won't be able to help himself. :lol:

I so want to see a really good duke-out, will save the HTML file to add with the other one, print them out
and stick them on the wall behind my Apple 2e display and show people how much my collection is worth :lol:

Im also thinking around $300 given that both computers are combined, pickup-only and smoke has come out, no software, and no photo of them turned on.

If it was local I would throw in a couple of big hits just for the unidrive, but it sounds like the unidrive has burnt out :( then the PSU's A/C Caps failed on the computer, this is a typical scenario when power up Apple 2e's after long periods of storage. Not a big deal, but will really hurt the sellers price.
RonTurner

Postby Gibsaw on Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:59 pm

Well, bear in mind I don't need either of these machines, so I will be sticking to my evaluation and budget... and TRY to leave my ego sitting beside my wife drinking a cuppa, so he doesn't make trouble. :D
Gibsaw

Postby mrad01 on Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:22 pm

RonTurner wrote:Ive been bidding against MRAD02 on Apple gears for the last two years :|

Yes, true. Its a great little hobby this trade me thing.

I haven't really seen much lately to get my bids out - but I still look every day. ;)
mrad01

Postby RonTurner on Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:28 pm

Gibsaw wrote:Well, bear in mind I don't need either of these machines, so I will be sticking to my evaluation and budget... and TRY to leave my ego sitting beside my wife drinking a cuppa, so he doesn't make trouble. :D

some people are asleep at 11pm :wink:

Jobs is on Sky SM this Saturday, this might get some punters overcome with nostalgia and start a fray ?
RonTurner

Postby RonTurner on Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:35 pm

mrad01 wrote:I haven't really seen much lately to get my bids out - but I still look every day. ;)

I know, so boring, it goes: Spectrum, Zx81, C64, Spectrum, Spectrum, C64 PSU, Zx81, C64 cable ,etc etc etc Big Yawn !

Best thing I have got this year is a Apple //e Wildcard snapshot card !!!! $30 buy-now, it even works ! would have given my left T*Beep!*cle for it.
RonTurner

Postby mrad01 on Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:46 pm

RonTurner wrote:Jobs is on Sky SM this Saturday, this might get some punters overcome with nostalgia and start a fray ?

Worth a watch. Pretty bad script writing. Impressed with Kutcher's acting. I have seen Steve Jobs a few times at various expos - he got the walk and the eagle-like look pretty spot on!
mrad01

Postby RonTurner on Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:27 pm

mrad01 wrote:
RonTurner wrote:Ive been winning against MRAD02 on Apple gears for the last two years :|

Yes, true. Its a great little hobby this trade me thing.

Im planning on per-"trolling" Trade-Me for years to come, love the duke-outs :wink:
RonTurner

Postby Gibsaw on Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:25 am

Gibsaw wrote:I'm just razzing berendsen a little, and since he's up to $150 with 6 days to go, I'm pretty sure he won't be able to help himself. :lol:

Heh. I think he might have read the post. All has been quiet.
Gibsaw

Postby Gibsaw on Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:07 pm

Well, that was a nice clean ending. One single autobid and no silly ongoing last 30 second bids to drag out the auction.

In working order, the pair is worth at least $300. Taking off at least $50 for the repair, I wanted them for under $250. So at $207, not a huge "bargain", but not too bad.

Falco, I take it you're wanting a IIe?
Gibsaw

Postby falco on Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:16 pm

I can live without one, but at the price, and given that I'm just around the corner from Otahuhu, I thought I might as well give it a go. I think it was a good deal at the winning price!
falco

Postby Gibsaw on Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:23 pm

Well, The pair were as described. I haven't tested the monitors yet. (My life is one long daily conflict between trying to get anything done and a little hand tugging on me, going "daddy, can you come".)

However, Long story short, one has slightly grainy/snowy video, but works - and the other has a dead PSU, but is otherwise fully functional.

I anticipate a cap-repair and both will be working. An update on the monitors soon.
Gibsaw

Postby sherson on Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:38 pm

Jumping in here and thinking out loud ... I missed this TradeMe auction but I have software I wrote on 5.25 floppies back in the 80s and I am interested in extracting the code [if the disks are still readable]. I think the disks were ProDOS not DOS3.3 and I used AppleSoft Basic to write the software about Bicycle Safety. What I am looking for is someone with an Apple IIe (or IIc or //gs) with a floppy drive to look at/get the code. Not sure how to extract it but if I could, I would then try loading it into a Javascript emulator . Even better if I could buy a working Apple II (e,c or gs) from one of you. I live in Hamilton.
sherson

PreviousNext

Return to Trade Me