Switch to full style

WTD: CRT composite monitor

Please post details of what you are looking for here.

WTD: CRT composite monitor

by nama » Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:00 am

Hi all,
I used to have a wonderful high end Sony Trinitron studio monitor that I unfortunately had to leave in Japan.
So I'm looking for a good reliable CRT monitor. Preferably nothing too modern, and one that isn't too big that It couldn't be shipped to Christchurch.

Thanks for your time.

Philip
Retro computing at: http://www.neoncluster.com
nama

Re: WTD: CRT composite monitor

by RonTurner » Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:07 am

Where you looking for a green screen or colour monitor ?

I have a Kaga green monitor, has a removable xray (lol) filter on front, so 1984. There will be a fee since I dont have many of these.

I cant do colour composite, to hard to get,I use 14" tv's other than that I dont sell my Apple monitors or commodore monitors (I want 1 monitor per computer).

I have no doubt in the future monitors will be very hard to find in good working order or even working LOPT's.
RonTurner

by RonTurner » Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:05 pm

I have used this monitor on my system 80, it can do 80 colomn resolution and has a removable green tinted cover over the tube to make it look flat I guess.

You can come over and see it running then if your interested we will be able to agree to a fair price.

It has green only pixels , its very tidy with no weird uneven yellowing and no stickers.

Brand name on front is Kaga Denshi , picture input is via composite and its compatible with both NTSC & PAL signals being a green screen.

Gavin.
RonTurner

by nama » Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:51 pm

Hi Gavin,
I'm actually after a green, amber or just B/W monitor for my SOL-20.
I'd prefer monochrome as opposed to having a colour monitor as the SOL doesn't do colour anyway.

I'd be very keen to have a look, and discuss a suitable price. Thanks for getting back to me.

I'll fire through a text very soon.

Cheers
Phil
Retro computing at: http://www.neoncluster.com
nama