IBM PC XT parts wanted

Please post details of what you are looking for here.

IBM PC XT parts wanted

Postby bert on Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:36 pm

Hi,

I'm currently repairing and restoring 2 x IBM PC XTs. I am looking for a few items to compliment them, and any "spare parts" anyone may have at their disposal.

My main "wishlist" is:
- Monochrome monitors, with 9 pin D male cable connector (to plug into a 9 pin D female socket). Green, white, orange are all good.
- Any spare 9 pin D connector monitor cables.
- IBM XT and AT keyboards (83 key) viewable on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IBM_PC_keyboard
- 5 1/2" DS DD 360k floppies. Appears all my remaining ones are DS HD.
- 10/20/40 meg MFM hard drives.

I am also after a couple of power supplies. An XT PSU would be magic, more modern ones out of 386/486 machines however would be fine, I intend to transplant the innards into an XT PSU that went bad last weekend.

If anyone also happened to have any other IBM parts such as 8-bit cards (memory expansion, VGA/CGA/EGA, controllers), floppy drives, cases etc. then I can offer them a good home. Happy to arrange freight myself or pick up Wellington, Taranaki, Manawatu, Taupo, Hawkes Bay for items that are not suitable for courier.

Cheers and Thanks,
Bert
bert

Re: IBM PC XT parts wanted

Postby Carcenomy on Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:33 pm

I have quite a few of the less-exotic bits you're looking for. I'll have a dig, as I'm going to need to find some bits and pieces for an XT project that I'm going to be undertaking shortly so I'll make up a list of all the 8-bit ISA hardware I can locate. I'm pretty sure there's a 20MB Miniscribe MFM drive with controller kicking around here too.
Just the local Commodore hobo and middle-aged PC hoarder.
eisa on Trademe. A lasting reminder of a Compaq fetish when I was younger.
Carcenomy

Return to Vintage Items Wanted