Nice little collection

Discuss any interesting vintage computer Trade Me items here

Nice little collection

Postby shomenno on Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:02 am

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing ... =624935319

Some nice apple 2 stuff listed under the wrong place in Trademe. Bit hopeful on price and some of the listing details are a bit wrong wrong if he is linking the hard drives to these apples, also no mention of the GS. Interesting to see the degree of yellowing on the 2c, would make quite a project restoration wise.

Shomenno
shomenno

Re: Nice little collection

Postby Gibsaw on Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:02 pm

Standard antique dealer attitude... It's old, so price it for moonbeams to see if anyone stupid bites... and snarl at anyone who asks for information.

A bit hopeful would be the understatement of the century. And it seems, a touch oversensitive to any suggestion that more detail might be appropriate.... just got myself blacklisted. Heh. (pffft!!!) :D
"dsakey" on trademe. Apple II's are my thing.
Gibsaw

Postby shomenno on Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:41 pm

I used to own an Apple 2e many years ago, gave it away for free to someone who didn't have a computer so their child could have one. Must say I am pretty amused when I see the price they seem to reach these days. I am keen to use one again, but think I will go down the Macintosh LC route with an apple 2e card when one comes available.

Other than a tool for varsity work had so much fun with that 2e, I wonder if it is still around or got eventually dumped?

Shomenno
shomenno

Postby kevman3d on Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:26 pm

And it seems, a touch oversensitive to any suggestion that more detail might be appropriate.... just got myself blacklisted. Heh. (pffft!!!)

Oh, you troublemaker! :D I noted that they have no real descriptions on most of their items that they are listing - I figure its a mass post up session where its simply a case of using a generic sales text message. I can imagine it would be a load of work to type up basic info... But they should at least be willing to answer any questions - dependant upon how it was worded, that is! :wink:
"kevman3d" on trademe.
Blog
kevman3d

Postby Gibsaw on Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:47 pm

shomenno wrote:...but think I will go down the Macintosh LC route with an apple 2e card when one comes available.

I'd only do that if I had a particular reason to. I've got all the models, plus the LC card. The emulation's good, but not perfect, and it can be slower than the real thing on graphics intensive operations. The IIgs or even AppleWin is a better compromise.
shomenno wrote:Other than a tool for varsity work had so much fun with that 2e, I wonder if it is still around or got eventually dumped?Shomenno

Yeah, I gave away my original IIe in a moment of "maturity" some years ago...Seems a shame as it was in my service until the mid nineties, but I doubt it survives.
"dsakey" on trademe. Apple II's are my thing.
Gibsaw

Return to Trade Me