I'm kind of hoping that someone wants to save this from the tip.
HP LaserJet 8100N Workgroup Printerhttp://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing ... =781644422
$1 reserve auction. Pickup only from Albany, Auckland.
This thing is built like the proverbial brick s**thouse. We bought it at an auction years ago, and it is still ticking along nicely despite being built in 1998. It is fine for most general office printing and it is very cheap to run due to the giant toner cartridges (20,000 page capacity). But it is big and a bit noisy, and I'd rather have it out of my office. It certainly has character, and it would be a shame to see it trashed.
The TradeMe auction description follows below.
HP LaserJet 8100N Workgroup Printer
This a heavy duty workgroup printer from Hewlett Packard's glory days.
We call this thing "The Beast". We've had it for about 10-12 years, and it is still going strong. That's not surprising as it is rated for up to 150,000 pages per month so it just laughs at our normal office workload.
It costs almost nothing to run. The toner cartridges are good for about 20,000 pages, and I think we've only had to replace the toner once, or maybe twice. Print quality is still pretty good and quite acceptable for most office uses.
- Multiple paper sizes - A3 / A4 / Letter / Legal / B4.
- 10 / 100MBps Network port; Supports TCP / IP, IPX / SPX, AppleTalk.
- 32ppm max
- 1200 dpi
- Two 500 sheet paper feed trays
- Side feed tray
- 3 Expansion slots: Slot 1 = HP Jetdirect card J3113A; Slot 2 = empty; Slot 3 = 2GB HP Hard Drive HP C2985B.
- 16MB RAM (2 DIMM Slots empty)
- 150,000 page monthly duty cycle
- Manufactured August 1998
- Current page count 100,863
- PCL 5e, PCL 6, Postscript level 2
- Weight approx 57Kg
- Dimensions approx 57cm W x 54cm D x 57cm H
Pickup only from Albany, Auckland.