Sega SF-7000 on TM (think one sold for $1K on ebay)

Discuss any interesting vintage computer Trade Me items here

Sega SF-7000 on TM (think one sold for $1K on ebay)

Postby YetiSeti on Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:31 pm

Auction closes tomorrow for this Sega haul. It's heading overseas unless an astute local investor might want to try their luck at it : http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing ... =404288601

It's gone past my price without regard to current market values. I couldn't find any info on the net when trying to work out a bid price for it and the few over the years I have seen on trademe have all gone in the sub-$200 range in auction lots. I suspect it's 'extremely rare' status may be becoming more visible on the radar of collectors now and it may have appreciated somewhat in value.

I only found reference on one web site (had 'snipe' in the url) of a sale price (late last year I think) which said a Sega computer and Super Control Station sold for $1000 in ebay OZ.
YetiSeti

Re: Sega SF-7000 on TM (think one sold for $1K on ebay)

Postby Carcenomy on Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:53 pm

Aw son of a... right when I just spent my spare budget on 80s sportscar parts!
Still, already have two SC3000s, and really don't have much of a need for the SF7000 since I have no media for it whatsoever... it's a cool accessory for a pretty neat little computer, but entirely useless for most folks these days.
Just the local Commodore hobo and middle-aged PC hoarder.
eisa on Trademe. A lasting reminder of a Compaq fetish when I was younger.
Carcenomy

Postby extra_anchovy on Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:00 pm

thats not a bad price for that sf-7000 considering it comes with a system and some software titles. and that "dungeons beneath cairo" tape would definitely make it worth it. also did anyone notice the 5" floppy?

is this the $1000 lot you were talking about?

extra_anchovy

Postby Carcenomy on Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:16 pm

The SF7000 IS cool, and IS the sort of accessory you'd want to finish the setup off, but finding software to take advantage of it is another story. Kinda like when Amiga guys install BlizzardPPCs - having it is awesome, finding practicality with it is another ;)
Just the local Commodore hobo and middle-aged PC hoarder.
eisa on Trademe. A lasting reminder of a Compaq fetish when I was younger.
Carcenomy

Postby extra_anchovy on Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:32 pm

even if you did find software for it, you can get most of the games on tape format so there isn't really much need to have one. but as you said it's cool! the best way to find software would be to get it in a lot, much rarer to find software on it's own. in my 3 or 4 years searching trademe I've only ever seen disk software for sale on it's own once, it was Aerobat and was on sale for a while. wish I grabbed it when I had the chance but I didn't have an sf-7000 at the time. as opposed to disk software which i've seen sold in sf-7000 lots a few times. I got about 5 or 6 disks with my SF-7000 when I bought it and only 1 or 2 of those disks have games on it
extra_anchovy

Postby YetiSeti on Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:38 pm

extra_anchovy wrote:is this the $1000 lot you were talking about?

Sorry for not replying. Yes, I think that was the one I saw. Surely the winner of the NZ auction rat_and_co isn't an overseas Greece account?
YetiSeti

Return to Trade Me