<sigh>... Webbles.

Discuss any interesting vintage computer Trade Me items here

<sigh>... Webbles.

Postby Gibsaw on Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:48 am

Not that I wish to indulge in a vendetta, BUT.. I'm sure we all notice how much "Webbles" from Dargaville has on sale on trademe.

Remember this conversation regarding an Apple II bundle?

Gibsaw wrote:<snip>... I felt a little ripped off. Most of it was in disgusting condition and will require quite a lot of cleanup and repairs. Wherever "webbles" has been storing his vintage stuff is obviously not dry as there is some surface rust and the Apple IIe Platinum doesn't go.

What brings up the subject for me again is this monitor. Look at the mould. It's a perfect example of the condition webbles stuff seems to be in, and I'm just reiterating my warning about the storage of the stuff they're selling.

I won't bag her on a personal level. Wendy was friendly and cooperative to deal with, but there's something damp in their storage and you'd really want to get some guarantees of status before buying.
"dsakey" on trademe. Apple II's are my thing.
Gibsaw

Re: <sigh>... Webbles.

Postby Carcenomy on Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:37 pm

I bought it a long time ago so I can't confirm, but pretty certain my CD32 came from Webbles. Internal shields are rusty and some video outputs don't function due to moisture damage...

Damp places and computers don't mix.
Just the local Commodore hobo and middle-aged PC hoarder.
eisa on Trademe. A lasting reminder of a Compaq fetish when I was younger.
Carcenomy

Re: <sigh>... Webbles.

Postby YetiSeti on Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:59 pm

I guess one positive you could say about the seller is at least the auctions are low reserves. They sell a ton of stuff looking at the feedback, but I've never looked except for their vintage computer listings.

Sometimes I wish I could just buy a lot of stuff in one go. I feel like I'm going broke on postage with phill23 and auctions that seem to drip feed into the vintage category.

I have done an Amazon search recently and have found you can get many vintage computing books out from overseas for no more than about $6-7NZ all up with all their 1cent-$1 listings and fixed postage of $3.99US. phill23 lists a ton of books that are always in pretty good condition (i.e. not ex-library) which made me pause and think.
YetiSeti

Return to Trade Me