SX-64 and Apple IIE clone. Hard fought auctions!

Discuss any interesting vintage computer Trade Me items here

SX-64 and Apple IIE clone. Hard fought auctions!

Postby tezza on Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:55 pm

Some frantic bidding on these two items.

The SX-64 went for about what I expected, and to a known collector.

The Apple IIe clones (actually a Apple IIe and an Apple II+ clone) went for slightly higher than I expected given they weren't genuine Apples. A good set of drives there though. I almost bid on this one myself as both boards, cards and drives are a good source of spare parts. I would have bailed before the final selling price though.

Anyway, I always enjoy seeing these classic computers being traded. Congrats to the winners.
Tez (Terry Stewart) (Administrator)
Collection: https://www.classic-computers.org.nz/co ... /index.htm
Projects and Articles: https://www.classic-computers.org.nz/blog/index.htm
Twitter: @classiccomputNZ | YouTube: Terry Stewart
Trade Me: tezza5
tezza
Site Admin

Re: SX-64 and Apple IIE clone. Hard fought auctions!

Postby mrad01 on Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:48 pm

tezza wrote:Some frantic bidding on these two items.

The SX-64 went for about what I expected, and to a known collector.

The Apple IIe clones (actually a Apple IIe and an Apple II+ clone) went for slightly higher than I expected given they weren't genuine Apples. A good set of drives there though. I almost bid on this one myself as both boards, cards and drives are a good source of spare parts. I would have bailed before the final selling price though.

Anyway, I always enjoy seeing these classic computers being traded. Congrats to the winners.

I was after that joystick in the Apple II clone auction - I would have taken the joystick and drives, then relisted the rest!
mrad01

Postby acsi on Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:02 pm

Was thinking that SX64 looked reasonably clean and would have been a replacement for mine. However these things always seem to get to the point where I just can't justify it anymore.
'acsi' on trademe
acsi

Postby falco on Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:44 pm

I was the second highest bidder on those Apple clones. I was assuming they were non-runners, and basically parts machines, but there were a couple of reasons I was interested. One was that the Sundox machine was a matching set, machine and drive. The other was that I was curious about one of the RAM cards. But really, they weren't worth that much, and I bid a bit higher than I should have (though I could have gone a little higher still). Now that I'm only concentrating on a narrow range of machines, I can afford to bid a bit higher on the occasional machine I find that I want.
falco

Postby EmulatorCoder on Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:35 pm

tezza wrote:Some frantic bidding on these two items.

Thank you, I won that auction.

Have just disassembled the cases cleaned the parts, they seem in relatively good condition.

Its a real shame an unskilled person has attempted a repair on one of the boards, [terrible soldiering]

I dont care if they dont work, there is so many parts its worth it.

There is no power supplies, I can sort something though, Im thinking of adapting a modern desktop PSU.

am definitely after more Apple ][ stuff, I already have a CD-Drive

I would love to make an Apple ][ emulator for windows ,that why I purchased them.
EmulatorCoder

Postby cjr on Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:25 pm

speaking of emulators, this one should work on any modern OS/browser..
http://porkrind.org/a2/
trademe:cjr
cjr

Postby falco on Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:33 pm

I hadn't seen that emulator before - that's really quite well executed! The monitor look's really... cute. I can't think of another word to describe it. And software right there in a dropdown. Nice! I've seen many other A2 emulators, but none with quite that much character.
falco

Postby EmulatorCoder on Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:00 pm

Powerup one of the Apple ][ clones today...

Got a Positive POST sound, good sign of live :wink:

Hookup it up to my Desktop power supply just to get it working.

And it came with the CDROM interface, which I just happen to have an Apple CDROM Drive.

Cant wait to re-live my Apple ][ days...
EmulatorCoder

Return to Trade Me