Switch to full style

Two Sega SC-3000 and lots of tapes and magazines

Discuss any interesting vintage computer Trade Me items here

Two Sega SC-3000 and lots of tapes and magazines

by honestbob » Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:17 am

Hi All - Merry Xmas!

Here is a nice Sega SC-3000 auction with two Sega SC-3000s, magazines, and lots of tapes. It is unusual to get an auction with so many good tapes, so this is a good collection.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing ... =546430590

From reading the Q&A it looks like there is off-shore interest, so it would be nice to keep it in NZ. I'm tempted, but my wife and I just spent all day yesterday cleaning crap out of the garage, and I don't think a couple more boxes arriving would go down too well right now ;)

Cheers
honestbob

Re: Two Sega SC-3000 and lots of tapes and magazines

by mrad01 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:19 am

Looks pretty good alright!

The winner will be spending many hours cleaning the cart ports before getting those to run I suspect. Hope they stay in NZ...
mrad01

by honestbob » Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:01 pm

Congrats to yetiseti for picking up this haul.

Feel free to pm me if you need a hand getting any of it running.

Cheers
honestbob

by mrad01 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:47 pm

honestbob wrote:Congrats to yetiseti for picking up this haul.

Feel free to pm me if you need a hand getting any of it running.

Cheers

Well done!

I must say, it is one of the retro machines I play the most - thanks to honestbob's multi-cart....

Enjoy
mrad01

by YetiSeti » Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:42 pm

Thanks for the thanks :) And thanks for pointing the auction out. I wouldn't have seen it otherwise. It would have been an awesome collection to own back in the 80s and must have cost a fortune (although tapes were pretty much dollar bin I remember when they were on the way out).

It was bit on the pricey side ($330+postage) but not too far over. At least it's not heading to Greece. I don't know who's over there, whether private collector or shop seller as they don't explain their interest in bidding. I think I remember a boxed SC-3000 and boxed SF-7000 went to Greece.

I hope the loose tapes are the Grandstand ones, and I see a copied tape on top in the auction picture, so hopefully some of the named rarer or obscure titles aren't just copies or type-in listing games. I will keep people posted as to what arrives. Aside from a working SF-7000 Control Station, I can't say there is really anything I want more in Sega SC-3000 now after this haul.

2013 is off to a bad start and I have quite a lot arriving to find space for in my newly tidied up house (I had guests to show the collection to) and my xmas present giving volume doesn't make up for what's arriving either. Some other things I collect may have to be culled.
YetiSeti

by Carcenomy » Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:24 am

Let me know ahead of any culling, I still need to come check out your collection while it's big!
Just the local Commodore hobo and middle-aged PC hoarder.
eisa on Trademe. A lasting reminder of a Compaq fetish when I was younger.
Carcenomy