Switch to full style

Monitor died from not being shut off. WHat can I do?

Seek advice, give advice or tell others about your repair and restoration projects

Monitor died from not being shut off. WHat can I do?

by shild » Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:44 pm

I've got a 20" monitor (about 1995 vintage) from a company called "Digital". It has the more high end removable cable in back with the 5 separate connectors for red, blue, green, h-sync, v-sync. My mother would shut off the pc but leave the monitor on and I think that's what killed it. Then I replaced it with a 17" monitor from "Digital" (1998 vintage). My mom did the same to that! Being they are from the same company maybe I can use parts from one to fix the other? Or maybe it's still less work to toss both and find another huge CRT for free or dirt cheap?
shild

Re: Monitor died from not being shut off. WHat can I do?

by SeanKennedy » Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:13 pm

I think there are minimal compatible parts between a 1998 era multisynch and a 1995 20" BNC type.

Putting "Digital" in quotes makes me feel old :(
SeanKennedy

Re: Monitor died from not being shut off. WHat can I do?

by shild » Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:32 pm

SeanKennedy wrote:I think there are minimal compatible parts between a 1998 era multisynch and a 1995 20" BNC type.

Putting "Digital" in quotes makes me feel old :(

The reason I put it in quotes is so people would know that's what it says on the monitor as the brand and not think it gets a digital signal. Did not know BNC is what you call a monitor with that kind of cable. The BNC is known to give a better picture right?
shild