Switch to full style

FREE Soundblaster collection to good home!

Please post details of what you have to sell, swap or to give away

FREE Soundblaster collection to good home!

by xjas » Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:41 pm

In case you missed it in this thread, everything that's not an AWE64 needs a home. 2xSB 2.0s (one tested & working), SB Pro, SB16 (tested & working), Vibra 16, AWE32, SB Live. That's essentially one example from each generation except the 1.0/1.5 & 64. I'm probably never gonna use these in any meaningful way so no sense keeping them here in a box.

The SB2s are getting extremely hard to find and can work in 8-bit machines like XTs. (Then you can run 8088 Corruption in its natural habitat - what more could you want?!)

I'd much rather see these go to someone who can use them than have to take them to the recyclers. If you want one/some/the lot say the word and they're yours!

*** END OF EDIT - this stuff is still kicking around too if somebody wants it:

3 generic ISA sound cards
2 ESS Audiodrive cards
1 SB Live digital 5.1 PCI <-- this was running fine in my machine but one day nuked its rear channel for no good reason. Front+sub still work
1 PCI modem
1 D-Link PCI network card
1 8-bit ISA telephone recorder thing (this appears to be a complete AMD 8088 PC on a card - maybe the CPU is useful for a replacement?)
2 64MB EDO DIMMs (yes, EDO... i.e. not SD-ram but same form factor!) and one cache stick for PPC Mac??
Last edited by xjas on Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:39 pm, edited 5 times in total.
xjas

Re: Grab box of ISA / DOS era stuff

by xjas » Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:13 pm

No takers? This stuff will go on Trademe by the end of the week if no one here wants it for free. LMK.
xjas

Re: FREE Soundblaster cards to good home!

by xjas » Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:53 pm

Bump - edited this thread rather than starting a new one.
xjas