Office Cleanout...

Please post details of what you have to sell, swap or to give away

Office Cleanout...

Postby Gibsaw on Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:32 pm

IBM (my employer) are cleaning up the office.

Theres not a lot of vintage stuff... (IBM has cleaned office before. :) )mostly docking stations and external keyboards for relatively recent thinkpads.

I really don't have time to dig properly through the big box of "surplus" in the hall. Others have gotten there first, and most of it's destined for the shredder. But there is SOME useful stuff in there. (and a few other useful things like cd-roms, serial cables, vga splitters etc.)

However, I do have a couple of minor things that the mainframe geeks amongst us might care about. I've got an ISA SDLC/HDLC Multiprotocol bisynchronous comms adapter (P/N 73G3224) and a PCMCIA token ring card. (P/N 85H3636)

Anyone interested?
"dsakey" on trademe. Apple II's are my thing.
Gibsaw

Re: Office Cleanout...

Postby Gibsaw on Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:02 pm

Guess not..
"dsakey" on trademe. Apple II's are my thing.
Gibsaw

Postby coogie on Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:09 pm

Ah the office clean out... nothing like it :-)

On a similar tangent, there was a Millennium edition Mac in one of the upstairs cupboards at Renaissance HQ that could use a home...

Sadly, along with plenty of others I am no longer there, so if your reading this and your still employed at Renaissance you may be it's only hope ;-)
coogie

Postby YetiSeti on Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:17 pm

coogie wrote:On a similar tangent, there was a Millennium edition Mac in one of the upstairs cupboards at Renaissance HQ that could use a home...

Is that one of them transparent cased ones?
YetiSeti

Postby coogie on Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:24 pm

YetiSeti wrote:Is that one of them transparent cased ones?

Nope... Ah I spot my obvious error, sorry that was downright wrong /brain slip... I should post earlier in the night ;-) its actually a 20th Anniversary Mac - I guess that will make more sense.

That was the supadupa $7500US hand delivered all in one light grey beast with Bose speakers and subwoofer. I am not sure how many were sold in NZ, but it must have been only a handful. This one in particular belonged to the CFO of the time (so I was told). It may be rarer than the Lisa, would be interesting to hear some of the other guys angle on that.
coogie

Postby Carcenomy on Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:15 pm

Woah, a TAM. Those are indeed incredibly rare - on the grand scale of rarity they're pretty well up there for an Apple product. They don't attract the attention of early Apple gear, but of the 'dark era' Macs, they're likely the most valuable. The other incredibly hard to come by model was the blacked out Performa 5500 'Designer Edition'. They were quite good looking machines, but again quite low volume. Still, it's like most of the 1990s have been stricken from people's memories collector-wise.
Just the local Commodore hobo and middle-aged PC hoarder.
eisa on Trademe. A lasting reminder of a Compaq fetish when I was younger.
Carcenomy

Return to Vintage Items Available