Amiga Disks - LARGE Archive - Free to good home

Please post details of what you have to sell, swap or to give away

Amiga Disks - LARGE Archive - Free to good home

Postby Radar on Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:23 am

I have just been given a LARGE (station wagon full) of Amiga software on disk (all DSDD) that I'd like to pass all /some of it on to someone interesting in the Amiga. Ideally someone with an interest in Amiga preservation? (who has lots of spare time 8) )

It appears to have originally belonged to people associated to the (Hawkes) "Bay Amiga Club" and there are 1000s of disks.
I suspect its the Club's collection + several personal collections combined.

80% will be crap - huge run of Fred Fish disks, copied games etc. but there are potentially some really interesting bits.

I've only had a quick look through the collection and the following bits stand out as possible candidates for archiving:

- "Bay Amiga Club Newsletter" newsletter disks - long run of these
- "Bay Amiga Club" related - userlists, constitution, file lists etc.
- NZ Amiga Users Group (NZAUG) News Disks
- Backups of various Amiga BBS's etc.

NO Amiga hardware.

Collection from Auckland :)

If you have any interest PM me.

If anyone has an Amiga system (working) + Serial cable for connection to PC / Catweasle card they would be willing to loan me (will pay postage etc.) I'd consider making a run at Archiving some of the more interesting disks myself (club newsletters etc.)
Radar

Re: Amiga Disks - LARGE Archive - Free to good home

Postby Carcenomy on Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:29 pm

I'd offer the use of my 1200 but alas, I'm far too far away. Sorry dude.
Just the local Commodore hobo and middle-aged PC hoarder.
eisa on Trademe. A lasting reminder of a Compaq fetish when I was younger.
Carcenomy

Postby WelshWizard on Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:02 pm

If I could get a A500 working I could do it, or I could collect in the Van and put into postable size packages and send the around the country as long as who ever is getting them pays the postage. so as I don't have a working Amiga at the moment it would be pot luck as to what you get.
WelshWizard

Postby WelshWizard on Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:28 pm

Just purchased another A 500 so should now have enough bits to make one good one with any luck :oops:
WelshWizard

Postby WelshWizard on Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:31 am

Radar wrote:I have just been given a LARGE (station wagon full) of Amiga software on disk (all DSDD) that I'd like to pass all /some of it on to someone interesting in the Amiga. Ideally someone with an interest in Amiga preservation? (who has lots of spare time 8) )

It appears to have originally belonged to people associated to the (Hawkes) "Bay Amiga Club" and there are 1000s of disks.
I suspect its the Club's collection + several personal collections combined.

80% will be crap - huge run of Fred Fish disks, copied games etc. but there are potentially some really interesting bits.

I've only had a quick look through the collection and the following bits stand out as possible candidates for archiving:

- "Bay Amiga Club Newsletter" newsletter disks - long run of these
- "Bay Amiga Club" related - userlists, constitution, file lists etc.
- NZ Amiga Users Group (NZAUG) News Disks
- Backups of various Amiga BBS's etc.

NO Amiga hardware.

Collection from Auckland :)

If you have any interest PM me.

If anyone has an Amiga system (working) + Serial cable for connection to PC / Catweasle card they would be willing to loan me (will pay postage etc.) I'd consider making a run at Archiving some of the more interesting disks myself (club newsletters etc.)

PM sent
WelshWizard

Postby WelshWizard on Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:31 pm

Thanks for the Amiga stuff Mike, now to see about getting it out to all those who will want to get there hands on it to help spread the software on the net before it is lost forever.
WelshWizard

Postby lizardb0y on Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:05 pm

I am happy to archive anything that's not already available from a stable location on the Internet, such as the NZAUG/Bay Amiga Club disks and make these available through my own web site, in the Internet Archive, and possibly via the New Zealand Film Archive (NZ Gaming related material) or the National Archive (other New Zealand related material) depending on whether they're interested in it or not.

If someone else is able to archive them without shipping them around the country, that would be great. When archiving them, get a scan of the disk and any packaging as well as the disk image.
lizardb0y / Andrew
Just another 8-bit hustler

blog: http://www.vintage8bit.com
twitter: @vintage8bit
google+: http://gplus.to/lizardb0y
trademe: andrew9 - over 500 positive trades.
lizardb0y

Return to Vintage Items Available